Sign in to follow this  
dukest

Whats the most you've paid for petrol?

I know there were a couple of threads before xmas about fuel prices but.....

I stopped at Redditch on the M42 after Ultimate Dubs and was going to fill up but the BP Ultimate was 117.9p/litre so I only put about £15 in as I thought that was a bit pricey..

Monday morning, on the way back to London I realise thats not going to be enough so I stop at Oxford services on the M40 and what am I rewarded with? 120.9p/litre!!!! :mad2:

I know if you're going to be ripped off anywhere its going to be at the side of the motorway but I never thought it would top £1.20 :roll:

Ouch! Eight months in Saudi certainly makes you lose touch a bit with the prices in UK, I get 15.3 litres of 95 RON (high octane here) for the same money :shock:

Wow! I thought I was bad paying 114.9p for diesel in Maidstone over the weekend!! :shock: :shock:

Also nice to notice that most of our local petrol stations put up their prices by 2p per litre yesterday, even though the budget increase was postponed until Oct! :mad2: :mad2:

I've used the Mrs's Bug today as mine's getting new rear pads, only a 30 mile round trip, but she's insisted I put £20 fuel in!

Now thats expensive...

I've used the Mrs's Bug today as mine's getting new rear pads, only a 30 mile round trip, but she's insisted I put £20 fuel in!

Now thats expensive...

no matter where you put it in its gonna be £20 worth still

just the amount of fuel you get will be alot less! :D hehe :p

i paid £1.06 today, thats gone up from what it was :(

The last time I filled up it was 107.9 for V-Power, but that was almost two months ago. I'm down to a quarter of a tank so I'll have to fill up again soon, and I suspect it's going to be quite a bit more expensive this time.

Now thats expensive...

Well if she really insists on you going out on a £20 worth mini blast in her Beetle then who are you to argue.

Im manager at a petrol station so I know exactly how much we make out of fuel and I can promise you its rubbish.

Our diesel was yesterday priced at 109.9 and guess how much profit we made on that?

0.9p a litre.

That is it. Seriously.

So today we have had to put it up, there really is no choice or no point being in business.

Thats why we get wound up when people "go over" by 10p and dont pay it you, that is the profit gone straight away.

Its not us who put the prices up, its the shitty goverment takin 80% or whatever it is these days

I know there were a couple of threads before xmas about fuel prices but.....

I stopped at Redditch on the M42 after Ultimate Dubs and was going to fill up but the BP Ultimate was 117.9p/litre so I only put about £15 in as I thought that was a bit pricey..

Monday morning, on the way back to London I realise thats not going to be enough so I stop at Oxford services on the M40 and what am I rewarded with? 120.9p/litre!!!! :mad2:

I know if you're going to be ripped off anywhere its going to be at the side of the motorway but I never thought it would top £1.20 :roll:

Mate, Wheatley services (Oxford) is one of the most expensive in the country! Ironically there's and Asda about 1/2 mile on where it's dirt cheap compered!

Mind you Asda in Beckton (E6) had been doing U/L for 100.9 till last week, now it's 102! so only £50/tank Whoohoo! :clap:

Now thats expensive...

Well if she really insists on you going out on a £20 worth mini blast in her Beetle then who are you to argue.

No arguments from me! Love thrashing the bug about (1.8T), they handle well on 225/40/18... :D

And beats the shit outta using the train for the day...

Mate, Wheatley services (Oxford) is one of the most expensive in the country! Ironically there's and Asda about 1/2 mile on where it's dirt cheap compered!

yeah, that is burned onto my memory now!! i do try to avoid filling up off a motorway if i can but at the same time I always try to put BP Ultimate in it so its never that cheap anyway :?