Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

Peanut's 10th Rado....

Meet 'Zehn' (10, in german), Peanut's 10th Rado....

Zehn1.jpg

Zehn2.jpg

zehn3.jpg

Zehn is a 2l 16v in moonlight blue - another bargain valver Peanut found :)

not something im proud off mate :gag:

Saw this parked at the side of the road so left a note on it with my number and the owner got back to me.

Its got service history up till o5, stainless exhaust, dodgy aftermarket rims, tsw voodoo's? momo steering wheel (for sale) and a kenwood headunit.

Went to have a look at it and it fired up with a bit of help from my chunky jump leads and my works van. :clap: Very lumpy but this soon cleared once it got warm. Exhaust blowing.

after having a quick look, n/s wing needs replaced (badly dented) sunroof runner borked and wonky. Rear bumper is dinged and a small ding on n/s rear arch.

Wing mirrors dont work, neither does central locking.

Interior is in good condition albeit minging and the rest of the body seems pretty straight albeit looks like its been polished with a brilo pad. The roof is badly oxidised and the paints very very dry. :ignore:

Made an offer, he declined then rang me back a week later saying ok. :D Picked it up that night,Boot full of new servicing parts, leads plugs, belts, discs etc. Also a new fog light which was nice. He also came out with a working sunroof frame and mech :wave:

Nikki drove him home and nothing orrible came to light :salute: other than the battery being deader than a dead thing.

Rummaging through the service histopry and we found the receipt for the battery from halfords :luvlove: Popped in next day and they swapped it free of charge :wave: Nice one.

Also whilst rummaging in the boot i think ive found the soruce of the poor running and blowing exhaust...er the lamda is in the boot, lol :shrug: Hes had a new cat fitted but it doesnt look like theyve fitted the lambda lol :camp: . Well thats it, not going to get a chance to have a fiddle this weekend :( but maybe get a chanve during the week.

Feck knows what im going to do with, id like to say ill keep it but i always say that and something happens and i end up selling we shall see i guess.

Gav

Hehe nice one, good to see another having a bit of a tart up.

When I first saw it I thought i'd seen it somewhere before and then I clicked that the numberplate was nearly the same as my old G40 (that I mentioned on here earlier today too! :eek: )

DSC00427-1.jpg

I recognise that numberplate...didn't you own it before? :scratch:

Anyhoo. Looks like you've already tidied it up a bit! Good stuff.

nope not owned this one before, only owned two rado valvers, this one and the red one we sold to beigey. Not actually done anything to this yet other than chuck an old badgeless grille on as the oe one fell off when i was washing it :wink:

looks much much nicer with a bit of elbow grease, even with the wing.

and you put some air in the tyres :lol:

You've gotta have a Corrado buying/selling addiction! 10 Corrados, that some going. I wonder if you've previously owned mine.... :)

i don't get it, are you after a decent corrado for yourself?, or do you just clean them up and sell them on?

The last few ive bought, tidied up and sold on have been impulse buys that prob would have ended up in a breakers yard otherwise and i wanted to rescue them. We've just bought a house and are getting married at the end of april so not a good time to be impulse buying :nuts:

Gav & Nikki, thought you might like to see this..... got "Zehn" sorted out a bit

DSC00036Medium.JPG

DSC00037Medium.JPG

Unfortunately my time has also come to pass it on to somebody else...

pity the sun went behind a cloud just when we rolled it out of the garage! :confused: Looks even better in the flesh, after we spent the day tinkering and polishing it.

Hopefully should get some decent shots of it down at the show tomorrow (and hopefully the medeteranian weather holds up too!) 8) 8)

THat loooks stunning mate, excellent work. Wish your bodyshop guy was over here. Put a big smile on my face seeing that :D

Is steve hanging on to it?

Gav

WOW he looks fantastic!!

Im guessing he is not hanging onto it ........"unfortuneately the time has come to pass it onto someone else"

@ Steve - did you sort the paperwork out ok?