Sign in to follow this  
til2143

Black leather into a green storm??

Hey Lads, been a member for a good while now but hadnt got around to posting. Im on the look out for a mint 95/96 vr6 corrado with low milage, ive seen a few on piston heads and the autotrader and missed a 96 black vr last wk which i was pretty pissed off about, anyway ive got a mint set of black electric recaros at home waiting for the right car, id love a storm but it seems to be all green ones, and i was just wondering what yer thoughts would be on putting the black leather into a green storm? its just i dont think i could live with the cream leather, in yer opinion would this would this be mortal sin? by the way if anyone has or knows of, a nice 95/96 vr with low milage and in mint original condition please send me a pm, cheers, Paul

Alright Paul,

I wouldn't call it a mortal sin! We're not VW Vortex :lol:

I'd always go with light interiors in a dark car, and vice verse so cream/tan leather in a green car, but as you say you don't think you could live with it, which is fair enough!

Your car a the end of the day (or will be!) don't worry about the donkeys who kick up a fuss :bonk:

It will be your car and you can do what you want with it.

I personally wouldn't worry about what anyone says - only thing that may be a factor is the cars resale value if it doesn't have the standard cream interior. If you could afford to I'd hang onto the cream interior so you could put it back if you ever came to sell.

I think it'd be entirely up to you! :) allthough I would wonder why you'd pay a premium for a storm only to change it's originality when you could buy the same spec VR6 for less and do what you want to it - also, like Andy says - changing interior colour on a Storm will de-value it where-as if you put a set of leather recaro seats in any other VR6 it will add value.

Thanks lads for the replys, it doesnt have to be a storm, id be more then happy with a normal vr if i could find the right one, its just that id seen a nice green storm with low milage and i was tempted, think ill just wait and see what comes up!

I'd vote for leaving a storm as standard as they're pretty special, and change the interior of a non storm instead but it's your money & your choice. I have a green non storm with cream leather though and I love how it looks. Bit annoying to keep clean but it's worth it I think.