Sign in to follow this  
Rod 1

does anyone know how to allign sunroofs?

i have just got around to fitting my new sunroof and realised that the rubber surround needs replacing. the sunroof pannel came off no prolem but know its pissed up and wont sit right.

when i activate the mecanism with the panel off one of the moving parts that mounts the panel to the rails sits slightly more forward than the other, i was wondering how can that be moved so they sit level with one another.

not the best description in the world but you guys have helped me out before. :D

Quicky answer - take off the sunroof motor from the front inside of the roof, and play with the two cables (seen in the hole that the motor uncovers) so that the panel mounting plates are aligned.

Long answer - search for the sunroof repair guide on the Wiki and do it step by step with pictures :D

If you get really stuck I could take a look at it for you. I had to do the same on my Moonroof and I'm only in Sandiacre.

Dave

wow, that'd be really good of you. i'm only minutes away from sandiacre. how much would you want to have a look?

well i've managed to stop it leaking with duck tape of all things :lol: so i'm not desperate so like i said whenever best for you, after all your doin me the favour mate :)

sorry, only just looked at post. i only have the internet at my mums so can only look when im here. where do abouts in sandiacre are you?