Sign in to follow this  
waynos

fuel pressure regulator

i was just wondering how these are plumbed in as im not sure ive done it right for my megasquirt conversion! at the moment i have my fuel supply line going to the in part of the regulator and the return going to the fuel rail. the other end of the fuel rail going back to the tank(return feed)

however ive been looking at the diagram on the megasquirt site and some others and they are saying that the fuel supply hose goes directly into the fuel rail then the other end of the fuel rail goes into the pressure regulator leaving the return from the regulator going back to the tank.

was just wondering how this is supposed to regulate the fuel if it is pt after the fuel rail. If i do have it wrong i think this is where all my problems are that im having with the megasquirt!!!

just made a little drawing of it. the top one shows how i have it plumbed in and the bottom is showing how i should have it?

fpr.jpg

blimey, school boy error!!! never having used one of these before i thought you was meant give the regulator a supply and it would then regualte it down to what ever pressure you set it to, then u feed the injectors.

clearly in the bottom one it must let the pressure build up in the rail to what pressure you have it set to then it bleeds of the rest.

im pretty suprised the car ran also.although i did have to put the fuelling up to double what is required!