Sign in to follow this  
rado-steve

Storm Bargain!

Just been to look at a Cheap VR6 with a mate of mine!

Well low and behold it turned out to be a mystic Blue Storm!!!! 160K, 2 owners from new,engine sweet as a nut and I mean sweet no timing chain rattle, they must have been done at some point but the 1st owner didn't keep the recipts, fully stamped service book, just had 4 brand new pirelli P6000 tyres fitted and 2 brand spanking new Solitudes! Body workwise it had a few scabs on the arches and unfortunatley it looks like it's rusted through on the rear where the badges are! But nothing a decent bodyshop can't sort!!! A full respray is planned though

How much you ask...................

£2K :shock: Needless to say it was bought :D

I'm just miffed I never find bargains like this :(

He collecting it on Tuesday I believe, So Hopefully He'll have some pics to upload then! Told him to get registered on here!

He sold his Mk2 8V GTi last week for £2K so he's basically swopped a Mk2 GTi for a VR6 Storm (No envy smilie)

Where was this advertised? I would of snapped his hand off at that price :shock:

So would everyone! Somebody he works with apparantly! I went with him ready to pull it apart because it was just too cheap, but couldn't! The current owner has thrown money at it, it hasn't wanted for anything! Only last week he brought a brand new blower motor from VAG for it as the fan only worked on position 4!!!!! Plus it's just had a new tensioner, belt and waterpump in the last week!!!!!!

Hi, yeah i picked her up on Wednesday, on my drive now! Beautiful car, drives fantastically, just need to get the refurbed wheels on the front on the rotten ones off and in the refurb shop! And by the way, as you can tell i'm new to the forum so i wish a big 'hello' to everyone. :)

'ello there mate! :wave:

Welcome to the madness! Sounds like you got yourself an awesome deal there. Congratulations! We are all very jealous!

Ha thanks, i hope it does prove to be a bargain! I would get some photos up but you have probably seen too many to find it interesting!

It looks exactly the same as yours! But i will do tomorrow once i have cleaned her, just had a slight problem with coolant but hopefully that is resolved and was something as daft as an o-ring on the expansion tank! What coolant would you recommend? :notworthy:

If you don't have a GSF near you to go and get the stuff then you might be better off going to a VW dealers and get it from there as you wont save much if you have to pay the delivery charge from GSF.

Just ask for G12+. It's the pink stuff and comes in 1 litre bottles. You should use a 40-50% mix. I can't remember how much i used last time but I think 3 litres should do it if you are completely refilling the system.

Maybe someone can confirm the capacity of the coolant system.

Yeah that would be great, i'd probably get twice of what i need anyway just incase i need to drain it again, so i was going to order about 8 litres, hopefully that will be enough for a couple of goes. Cheers everyone, you have been my peace of mind today.

Welcome to the forum & Corrado ownership and good luck with the leak.

The Corrado is a great car, just make sure you keep some money in reserve to fix things from time to time :D

Tomorrow hopefully! And i'm sure i seen your car on pistonheads or autotrader when i was looking for one? Am i right? :wink: heh