Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Autoglym Carnuba Wax.. anyone seen / tried?

I've been really happy with Autoglym Super Resin Polish for keeping my red paint nice and red but have been pondering trying out the Dodo Juice stuff. Saw now that Autoglym do a carnuba wax (here for example) at a pretty good price, which I guess i'd just apply after SRP rather than the Extra Gloss Protection. Has anyone seen it / tried it / rated it? :)

Cheers.

Not seen that before, will be interested to see how it is myself. Think i will wait for someone to try it or read about it on detailing world before i decide to spend money!

I figured its all much of a muchness at this sort of price point but felt like Autoglym deserved a shot first (before moving lock stock and barrel over to Dodo Juice) simply because the Super Resin Polish has done a nice job of looking after my paint.

That looks like a cool kit but TBH I think i'd just be using Purple Haze most of the time - I think thats what they recommend for red cars?

Just tried the Autoglym Carnuba Wax and IMHO its not as good as the Dodo Juice waxes I have in terms of ease of application and finish it leaves - not got a clue on how durability compares to the Dodo waxes but I'm more interested in the finish anyway

TBH durability matters more to me mate. My car is my daily, only car - I don't have the time (or enthusiasm to be honest!) to be out waxing the car all the time so I want to put something on that lasts... Hmm... will have to give this some thought I guess.

Id go for Collinite if your after durability. Its excellent stuff.

My thoughts exactly, put collinite on my mates in october, washed it the other day and it was still on it and he's been using it daily since :D Great stuff for durability, there are much better waxes in terms of finish though.

This might be a little off topic but I know there are people like Rob on here who have a fair amount of experience with different products etc. What I wanted to know is if you can recommend a couple of products, say a shampoo, a polish and a wax (seen as theres so many brands to choose from!) C is magic black and i have time to wash/wax it once a week if thats any help!? Just want something that will give a nice finish and be fairly durable really.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack! :)

Trid lots of different shampoo's and can't seem to find anything better than Duragloss 901, polish wise I use the Sonus range and waxes - got 17 of them and seem to prefer the Zymol Glasur and the Dodo Waxes, hard waxes for durability, soft ones for shine, depth but less durability.

As has already be said you can't beat Collinite if you want great durability, good finish and excellent value for money.

What I have discovered is that most of the stuff available at Halfords etc can be bettered by a country mile and at no greater cost by buying from reputable detailing suppliers, I get all of my stuff form the traders who advertise on http://www.detailingworld.co.uk - had superb service from them all

Id go for Collinite if your after durability. Its excellent stuff.

i agree too, great for the money, no fuss, no nonense.

i find alot of stuff now is gimmicky packaging and more of money spinner than anything else, the car scene seems to be turning to clean, immaculate cars now, someone somewhere is making a fortune from car cleaning stuff :lol:

working where i do we stock the full autoglym range so im gonna try leach some of this new wax off our rep to try it out :D will let you kno what i think of it, will be after Donnyshow when i do it tho! :)

If you manage to leech more than one pot, give thought to your friendly neighborhood Corrado Forum moderator :D :lol:

autoglym rep has been. autoglym dont actually have any sample pots. i said how do you expect me to sell something i cant test and try for myself, my exact words to him were "for all i know i could be selling a pot of dog turd for £40, if i try it then ill know what it can do and what its like to use etc." his response was something along the lines of, daft aint it, and he agrees thathow can you properly sell something you havent used.

gay autoglym, gonna give there head a ring and see what i can get! :D

See your point there but imagine if they gave every seller one pot! it would cost them a fortune and no doubt put the price up too.

I use zymol concours wax which is £160 a tub for 8oz, and i would have liked to try that too but i guess its word of mouth if you are not sure about anything, although hard to get a feeler when its a new product.

Am sure someone will have a good oppinion of it soon. :)