Sign in to follow this  
TajMan

How does a G60 compare to a Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO

I'm new to the forum, I recently sold my '92 Dodge Stealth R/T (same as the Mitsubishi 3000GT a.k.a. GTO for all you non U.S. guys). My Stealth was 3.0L V6 DOHC 24v FWD automatic, engine makes 222hp (about 170 to the wheels on the automatic) and the car weighs about 3,200 lbs. The automatic runs a high 15 second / low 16 second 1/4 mile stock. The auto is a horrible dog off the line but pulls great from a 30+mph roll. The manual is almost a second quicker and then there's the TT AWD model that makes 320hp, weighs 3,700 lbs, and runs mid 13's stock in the 1/4 mile. I was wondering how this compares to a Corrado G60. I haven't been able to find any stock 1/4 mile times for the G60 yet. (I know most of you guys are in Europe and probably don't race the 1/4 mile, I dunno.) I'm looking at buying a '90 G60 and am wondering how its going to compare to the Stealth. Can the 1.8 8v supercharged engine actually pull in the mid range and have that low down torque like a 3.0L DOHC V6?

Dont race the quarter mile LOL of course we do :D welcome to the forum by the way. Cant say that I ve ever been up against a 3000 gto over here but I know that when my G60 was standard it was pulling 1/4's in low 16's then when I chipped and pullied it and had a stg4 on the charger it pulled low 15's and then when I fitted a ported and flowed head and toothed belt drive it pulled a 14.7 sec 1/4 mile with a bit more tinkering I think I could have got it down lower but I didn't get many runs the last time I went up Santa Pod. Hopefully when the X-flow conversion is finished it will be in the mid 13's and should be good for 300bhp with a good map on the fuelling :D The torque in the 8v is excellent you wouldn't be dissapointed! :D