Sign in to follow this  
thebigjc420

2.0 8v Corrado

Hi, having a couple of problems with the rado - Irratic idling that fluctuates between 700-1100rpm. revs do drop quite low when pulling up at lights. Also, when i'm getting upto speed, as soon as i hit 3500rpm the car jolts and lunges me forward almost giving me whiplash then back to normal... :mad2:

These are the main problems causing the most hassle the less annoying ones are the sunroof, mirrors, heater switch and ABS light... the joys of corrados ay?

Hope i have made myself clear...

Thanks for any help you may have

Cheers, Jon.

If its happening at specific revs then i'd put money on it being ingnition parts at fault.....HTs, Plugs, Dizzy.

You should hopefully be able to find answers to your other problems by using the forum search, they've been covered a good few times here.

What you've asked is covered in about 4 million other threads. The search is your friend.

yup search is not always that great....just remember to use the word 'and' between the words you're searching for.

Yep - sounds very like the ISV is not coming on or the throttle switch that controlls it is not workig or the cable is to tight etc...

Unplugging the ISV should make a difference when the car is running, if not then your fault is one of the above.

yup search is not always that great....just remember to use the word 'and' between the words you're searching for.

Nope, remember to use a + sign before each word, restrict the search to the forum you need e.g Engine, Interior, ICE etc, and return threads only rather than posts.

It's a whole new world! :wave:

sounds a bit like the problem i had on my mk3 8v when i got it, the throttle body's coked up so the valve doesnt open or close properly as it should, causign very irratic idling and the revs to drop dramiaticaly even stall when you pull up...

the way i sorted it was to order a new tb gasket from vw, about £5 and buy a can of carb cleaner from a motor factors and whip your tb of and (wear rubber gloves cos the cleaners nasty!) empty pretty much the whole can of cleaner through the tb opening the vavle to ensure you get all areas and remove all dirt, allow to air try re fit and you should be better.... i cant remember if you might need your setrtings reset with vag com to re steady the idle then cos i think it remains slightly high??

hope that helps

agreed, defo throttle body my mk3 gti 8v was the same.. also replacing the dizzy cap and rotor arm is peanute so do that at the same time. 8)