Sign in to follow this  
TITAN

SUPER CHARGER BELT!

HI all i got a 68MM pully but a standard belt will i need to get a smaller

belt or will the shocker/tensioner be enough to take up th slack?? :?

Many Thanks

i think you can get away with it. some companys sell a thing that goes on the tensioner to increase its pressure on the belt

I'd go with the shorter belt mate, as i got quite a bit of belt slip with the standard belt in the higher rev range when i did my chip & 68mm pulley, part number for the shorter belt is 6pk1640 got mine from german & swedish. :)

I Agree with yellowG, I had bad belt slip with the standard vag belt after having a 68mm pulley fitted (037 145 933B....6K 1658 EHO) Yes you need a 6PK 1640 Belt but make sure it's a good make, Gates or Goodyear are the better one's. Also check your dampner/tensioner for condition, part no (037 145 299) especialy the rubber bushes on it.

I Agree with yellowG, I had bad belt slip with the standard vag belt after having a 68mm pulley fitted (037 145 933B....6K 1658 EHO) Yes you need a 6PK 1640 Belt but make sure it's a good make, Gates or Goodyear are the better one's. Also check your dampner/tensioner for condition, part no (037 145 299) especialy the rubber bushes on it.

are the dampner/tensioners expensive?

next silly question.

:)

are the dampner/tensioners expensive?

next silly question.

:)

Recently did a full set on my G, bits were ordered from GPC not including delivery:

Damper/Tensioner (same thing) 037145299 £61.29

2 x Idler Wheels 074145278E £40.34

Rubber Gasket (Seals the charger damper swing arm to the charger bracket) 037145290A £2.37

Cover cap (Seals the other side of the damper swing arm - run a bead of silicon around the lip to get a better seal) 037145292B £0.78

If you want to see what a worn, 87k 18 year old damper bush looks like and how much play is in it click the link in my sig for the nugget and then the video link to U toobe.