Sign in to follow this  
M23 Spire

What Alloys are these?

Hi

Just doing a bit of research on my car (1992 2.0L 16v) and wondered what the alloys on it are (see pics)

Original standard fit maybe? Curious to value and history, what other cars they were on etc.

Sorry if been posted before.

Cheers

Estoril's I think, someone can probably verify, btu I think some corrado's came with these factory? Probably not in the UK tho..

Yep they're Estorils, they were standard on the G60 Jet i think, but don't see them on corrado's very often. They were more common on Mk 2 16V Golfs if anything, but i think only the Campaign Golfs had them.

Estorils for sure. I think, emphasise 'think', they were a factory option on circa 92 model Corrado 16v's (facelift model maybe) more generally.

I have a vague recollection of them appearing on some run out MKII Golf GTI's ('J' or 'K' platers - 92 year), alongside a BBS RA type design. The Campaign Golf GTI ('E' or 'F' platers - 89 year) used a wheel called a 'Le Castallet' (sp?!) as a 14" if my memory serves me well. I think that Castallet design appeared, as a 15 inch, on the limited edition Golf Cabrio Rivage (the blue one, there was a red special too called something beginning with an 'A'? Advantage maybe?). Bloody gorgeous wheel that, I think quite rare too. Think the design (in 15" diameter) would suit the Corrado very well.

I hope I haven't given you the impression, with all this vagueness and liberal usage of the words 'think' and 'maybe' that I am ready for licking a window in a nursing home!!

Cheers for the info (I think...)

They'll be staying anyway as wallet empty through updating a number of 'little' problems, but nice to know there not that common (not that there is a problem with that)

Any idea of value? (Just curious)

Hey... have those on mine... with a bit of spit and shine they actually come up really nice... have never seen them elsewhere...

Would also like to know value... probably feck all...

I think there are two different versions of these as well, the ones you have with the groove around end of the spokes and the other ones without the groove but usually have a machine cut face.

From wikipedia..

"In Germany there was also a special edition called the "jet"; the jet was launched in 1991 and ran 1992 and featured a special interior and the G60 Engine. These are very rare outside Germany. In Italy there was a model known as the "Estoril", featuring Estoril alloy wheels."

I vaguely remember someone selling a set on the forum a few months ago. if my memory serves me correctly I think they sold for about £100..no idea of condition or tyres tho :/

From wikipedia..

"In Germany there was also a special edition called the "jet"; the jet was launched in 1991 and ran 1992 and featured a special interior and the G60 Engine. These are very rare outside Germany. In Italy there was a model known as the "Estoril", featuring Estoril alloy wheels."

I vaguely remember someone selling a set on the forum a few months ago. if my memory serves me correctly I think they sold for about £100..no idea of condition or tyres tho :/

yup, i sold mine recently for £100..tyres were ok too!

had had them up for £150 a few months before and didnt even get a sniff..so i would say they arent worth much im afraid!

quite nice wheels though when clean, look good polished too!

Yup - nothing rare about the estoril I'm afraid.

Lots knocking around and as has been said - can polish up nicely. But lots of work initially and also to maintain. Previously polished and now dull ones keep popping up on eBay.

I reckon they look better with painted indents. My previous car belowon painted estorils.

Bought Steves above for my new blue corrado for £100. Last set cost me ~£100 too. Other big + is that being 15s, you can get a full set of Toyos for £120 delivered making buying 2nd hand nice & safe.

corrado.jpg

Yup - nothing rare about the estoril I'm afraid.

Lots knocking around and as has been said - can polish up nicely. But lots of work initially and also to maintain. Previously polished and now dull ones keep popping up on eBay.

I reckon they look better with painted indents. My previous car belowon painted estorils.

Bought Steves above for my new blue corrado for £100. Last set cost me ~£100 too. Other big + is that being 15s, you can get a full set of Toyos for £120 delivered making buying 2nd hand nice & safe.

corrado.jpg

are they my old ones in the pic mate??

Look good imo - may consider these as a winter 2008 wheel option ;)

They were standard factory fit on all 2.0 16v Corrados. The rare ones are the 'Fire & Ice' edition 5-studs...

They were standard factory fit on all 2.0 16v Corrados. The rare ones are the 'Fire & Ice' edition 5-studs...

i havent seen many corrados with my wheels on ;) :p

That's cos most people change them ;)

The 2.0 8v came with Westwood wheels as standard. These were also available as an option for the 2.0 16v. Not many of these around.