Sign in to follow this  
Valerian

BMW BBS wheel fitment?

Does anyone now if a set of BMW BBS wheels from a BMW E30 will fit a Corrado ok?

I know the wheel nut spacing is correct but the offset is different.

BMW offset is 15 to 25

Corrado offset is 32 to 38

I'm not sure if the BMW wheels will rub on the struts or not.

should be fine depending on the width, i have a set of ET25 15" x 7.5" 4x100 azev A's on mine from an BMW E30, they sit thurther away from the shock body than the standard wheels and the outside edge sits a little further out, but they fit fine.

should be fine depending on the width, i have a set of ET25 15" x 7.5" 4x100 azev A's on mine from an BMW E30, they sit thurther away from the shock body than the standard wheels and the outside edge sits a little further out, but they fit fine.

Seeing as they sit further out ...do you reckon they will rub the arches if the car is lowered?

with the wheels i have it doesnt touch anywhere no matter how low it is set, even with 4 people and luggage in the car.

I've got 15" BMW wheels on my can and the fit no problems....being slightly wider they give the car a nice looking stance.

i had these on my mk2 gti and they widened the stance briliantly, i did have some rear arch rubbing with it tho when loaded up. but i think the corrado has a bit more clearance. they clear the struts fine tho. good luck

If the offset is wrong it'll stress the wheel bearings and hub assembly more than normal. They may well still last for ages, but something to bear in mind. It'll certainly screw up the handling.

that is true but the offset isnt that far out as i ran my golf on these wheels for over a year before i sold it, it handled lovely, infact better than before, and the bearings were fine. they were the best thing i done to it! its only the same as fitting wider wheels anyway.

its only the same as fitting wider wheels anyway.

Well .. ;) Wider wheels with the same offset as OE means that the car's weight goes vertically through the bearing and hub, just like the original wheels did and how it was designed to carry the car. The handling *is* likely to be affected in both cases, but in a much more subtle way than shifting the weight off centre of the bearing assembly will, which is what happens if the offset is wrong.