Sign in to follow this  
apaper

1993 SLC: Custom Dashwork & Fabrication_Step-by-Step

Hello everyone :D

This is my second official post (1st post- Group Buy: 16" SPEEDLINE 5-lug Wheels) on THE Corrado Forum site and I am excited to be a (new) part of your community!

I've been looking for an excuse to share ideas with my fellow Corrado enthusiasts across the pond! I cannot think of any better way than to put together a Step-By-Step. Anyone should feel free to contact me should they have any questions as I would be honored to assist. So, with no further adieu...

2-DIN DECK & HVAC CONROL RELOCATION

Before...

Deckinstall.jpg

After

Once again, amazing! :clap:

You must have plenty of spare time!

Love the Alu push pull knobs, very nice indeed!

Fair play, good work there dude. :clap:

I'd also like to say......McIntosh....I think I've just cum... :luvlove:

Once again, amazing! :clap: You must have plenty of spare time! Love the Alu push pull knobs, very nice indeed!

Thanks Mattnogrove! I don't really have lots of spare time, but I make time when I can. It's all about creating time for the things in life that you enjoy and that are a priority :? Can you tell that I don't have any kids :wave: :wave: except for me, that is :nuts: :dorky: :roll: :p:p:p

Wow, that's one clean C! :notworthy:

I want your car :shock:

Thanks Emirc! Thank you sir :grin:

Fair play, good work there dude. :clap: I'd also like to say......McIntosh....I think I've just cum... :luvlove:

Your McIntosh statement, MrBeige is funny as hell. You're a dirty dirty :censored: :censored: :censored: man, man :ignore:

Fantastic work. thanks. :thumbleft:

Thanks Dirtytorque. Ps. I like your username :dorky:

Fantastic! I wish I had half your imagination and a tenth of your fabrication skill!

Now this is very nice of you to say, but you're being waaaaay too nice because I don't deserve :shrug: such praise. Thank you DJmac56.

Hi mate,

Looks fantastic! Can i just ask thouh, how did you mount the whole custom facia into the centre console after? Was it a case of screwing it in from the sides, some form of glue perhaps etc?

Hey, I just saw your car in this month's PVW as well. Keeping it stock from the outside I see. Very tidy

Hey, I just saw your car in this month's PVW as well. Keeping it stock from the outside I see. Very tidy

Yes, we still don't have this issue over in the States :help: Thanks for the compliments.

Hi mate,

Looks fantastic! Can i just ask thouh, how did you mount the whole custom facia into the centre console after? Was it a case of screwing it in from the sides, some form of glue perhaps etc?

Thank you :) . If you notice the pics of the base/bottom of the fascia have felt round pads and two rubber grommetts... Those rubber grommetts sit 'behind' the top thin edge of the OE VDO gauge cluster, allowing the bottom to 'lock in'. Then the top falls back into place but is kept from falling too far back (so it's just the perfect placement) due to the radio sitting on a ledge that I built inside of the dash. Therefore, the entire radio's backside is supported, and since that's the heaviest portion of the entire assembly (fascia, pull pins, radio/meters), the sheer weight of the whole assembly keeps things rather secure. Then, the top of the assembly is kept in place by 2 small nuts/bolts which are installed from the center vents (you have to remove the vents to access these bolts) and go through/down into the top of the radio's assembly/fascia. Of course, the radio needs to be slid out of the sleeve (and assembly) to access these nuts/bolts, but once they are secured, the vents and radio are installed back into their resting positions.

It was imperative that no glues were used as I needed to ensure future servicablity without damage to any structure.

Does this answer your question I hope? :grin:

Regards,