Sign in to follow this  
AzZaC89

Need Help!! any ideas please. DELETE PLEASE!!!!!

hey people am quite new to Rado's ive onli had mine a few months, my temp read out dont work the red light in the corner just keeps flashing but the digital read out works correctly, i think, when the temp reaches about 80c the fan kicks in and stays on constantly. If anyone could tell me if thts normal or nt and what i need to fix the temp. dial.

many thanks

aaron

na theres no symbolnext to it but i think its for when its over heating or smoething i dont know but its not over heating coz the fan kicks in at 80degrees and thn it dont go off at all untill you turn the ignition off and after like 5 mins it thn turns off

What model/year is it mate? :)

The digital display will be your oil temp.

Neil.

Sorry mate, misunderstood...

If its a valver, then there will be a sensor in the expansion tank and one on the side of the cylinder head (single pin - 3 of them look the same)

It sounds like the one on the side of the head isn't working, which makes the "coolant too hot" light flash :)

About a fiver if i remember rightly mate, and a 3 minute job :)

Just don't overtighten the new sender...Just trying to remember which one it is (of the 3 iirc) as its been a while since i messed with a valver...

Neil.

Same problem, never got round to sorting out. If someone could link to part No or where I could buy one then I'd owe you 100 internets ;)

yh if some one could let me know where i can get on from and where abouts it is i need to change it, that would b great

Aaron

You can pick them up from the likes of GSF or ECP. iirc they will cost about £2.

AzZaC89 The coolant temp sensors on a valver bolt onto the right hand side of the head. Look below where the distributor is bolted on and you can see three 1-pin plugs bolted to the head. Try swapping the wires around on these plugs to see if you get any response from the temp gauge in the car (when the engine is warm obviously), to check that it's the sender and not the wiring to the gauge that is dead!

The flashing warning light can also be for low coolant level, so be sure to check the coolant level in the expansion tank!

ow alryt well thanks and ill have a look at tht yh i gta change my water any way so ill do it all at the same tym, thanks again

Aaron