Sign in to follow this  
ivor Fastun

Curling mats

I've got a set of custom floor mats from old fleebay which i was very happy with.. until after around a year they have started curling up around the edges. It seems they have just molded to the floor and moved around. The problem now is that they interfere with the accelerator pedal, not really a prob but i occasionally have to reach down to straighten them.

Does anyone know of any way of fixing them in position?

Best bet would be to get a set of genuine Votex VW ones :D i got some black ones the other week from the main dealers, they are £50 a set of 4, they come with 2 holes in the drivers mat nearest the seat end and plastic fittings that screw into the carpet to stop them sliding under the pedals ever!

They also have "Corrado" embossed on both front mats in the same script as the rear badge which is an added 8) bonus

part number is 863VAG1418BJ if its any help :salute:

Just mats supply some nice fixing screws for the drivers mat that have clips on top that allow the mat to be taken out without the fixing. Not sure if its on their whole range or just the really expensive ones.

Now this may be a dumb question and i might look a bit silly!! but screw your carpets down? now i know you all havent got the black and deckers out! how do you screw them down?

Now this may be a dumb question and i might look a bit silly!! but screw your carpets down? now i know you all havent got the black and deckers out! how do you screw them down?

Carpet screws, they come with the mats and are designed to bite into the carpet without leaving a big hole.