Sign in to follow this  
flusted

XTREME G60 Charger porting pics inside

What do you think to this?

Its had a 3.5" inlet welded to the inlet casing and a 4" outlet welded on.

Pics looks like the casing is welded together :shrug:

d169_3.jpg

cc78_3.jpg

what do you think?

On ebay for £800

Why would you weld a larger outlet on?

Doesn't the seller know ANYTHING about thermodynamics? :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Something to do with Bernoulli's(sp) equation?

Ohhhh, get you!!

yeah a little bit. Bigger pipes lead to lower fluid velocities (fluid in this case is air). You really want to be keeping the air moving as fast as possible to get the most power out of it.

Fundamentally, an engine's power is a function of how much air can flow through it (which is a very basic explanation of why 16vs will always outflow 8vs given the same block and parameters)

Lol , never ever thought i would here that mentioned outside of college.

Lol , never ever thought i would here that mentioned outside of college.

I think it's the only bit of Physics A-level I actually remember...something to do with gas speeds and stuff. I'm sure the venturi effect is involved somewhere as well...

The problem aside from everything already mentioned is that the original restrictions to the charger are still there, the exhaust port will still on be able to be a certain diameter no matter how big an outlet you weld on. The inlet might be useful as it should help the charger provide more CFM (what the monkey is on about and this is what makes engines make more power, the ability to flow gas through the engine 'system') but you are still restricted by the inlet ports inside the charger into the casing.

No i wouldnt buy it, if they are known to be somewhat unreliable in the 1st place then why would you want 1 thats been chopped up and modifyed in a major way, and if the casing is welded together then surely its a 1 way road from then on.

No I wouldnt buy it.

I still think the BBM moddfied chargers that use their GT70 intake porting and RSR IV outlet porting are the way forward. A slight bore on the inlet side out to 70mm and the outlet is CNC machined based on an optimum flow acheived through computer modelling of the charger outlet.

trying to think of ease and will go for another G, i hate driving the car N/A and a m90 isnt exactly a straight fit, im just waiting on inheritance money to come through and then get another charger.

Liked the idea of this one as its so heavily modded but was worried about relaibility, i only do about 5000miles a year so wont need rebuilding for about 4 years

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole... :confused4:

I don't see any gains from it what so ever with having larger inlets/outlets...its the metal just before and after these that causes the restriction in flow as suggested.If those parts matched the new parts welded on then you would see some sort of difference.

It looks like the front has had a skim of filler then sanded to me ready for painting maybe?

Neil.

Looks a bit dodgy to me, the porting looks quite rough, at least from those pictures.

I have seen one of the g-werks race spec chargers and the porting looked very smooth and polished nothing like that one. and i dont think i would trust a charger after it had been welded to that extent.

also the filler or whatever it is over the inlet just seems odd to me what is it hiding, or has this guy just got half way through a project and then given up?

I would steer well clear.

AAAHHH its FrankinLader!!! sorry guys but that was just to tempting :D ! just looking at it is enough to put me of....