Sign in to follow this  
Valerian

headlight switch question

Might be a daft question to some, but, is the little neon light in the headlight switch only supposed to light up on sidelights and not dipped beam?

Yep thats how it should be. I think its a case that you would notice your headlights are on or you can see the instrument panel light up. Its harder to notice the sidelights on in the light or the dash.

That my theory anyway. :lol:

I wondered about this too but came to the same conclusion as Critical_mass. Did kind of wonder though when I first drove it back through the snow storm if my headlights were working after that ring went out when I switched them on.

I wondered about this too but came to the same conclusion as Critical_mass. Did kind of wonder though when I first drove it back through the snow storm if my headlights were working after that ring went out when I switched them on.

You wondered due to the dipped candles trying to guide you :D

surly it would of made sense to stick that buzzer on them. i think the C is the only car i have had that doesn't tell me i have left my lights on.

Neons? What do you think this is, some kind of modern motoring? That's a good old filament bulb :lol:

But yeah, the theory is you'll notice if your actual lights are on, but the switch lights up to tell you your sidelights are on. As you say, an actual buzzer on the door would have been far more helpful, but then so would a low fuel light :lol:

You can get retro-fit light buzzers. There's definitely a guide on how to do it floating about somewhere, but I can't remember if it's on the wiki here or on another site.

Neons? What do you think this is, some kind of modern motoring? That's a good old filament bulb :lol:

But yeah, the theory is you'll notice if your actual lights are on, but the switch lights up to tell you your sidelights are on. As you say, an actual buzzer on the door would have been far more helpful, but then so would a low fuel light :lol:

You can get retro-fit light buzzers. There's definitely a guide on how to do it floating about somewhere, but I can't remember if it's on the wiki here or on another site.

NO NO NO... if the corrado esp the VR had a low fuel buzzer, id have gone insane by now. It would go off too much :lol: