Sign in to follow this  
mr_ed

where to find a VR6?

Hello folks, i am currently on the hunt for a VR6 (currently a Scirocco GTX owner & member over at the rocco register :grin: )

Can anyone point me in the direction of good places to look for VR's, i have been watching the for sales on this site for a few weeks, been glued to autotrader & piston heads but whenever i ring up they have gone! I have tried ringing TCS a few times but no body has answered the phone yet, presumably he has sold out as well!

I am based near Northampton and have about £3000 to spend (cash waiting)

all help appreciated

ed

Hello and welcome!

Sounds like your already looking in the right places, you could also try the classifieds over at Edition 38's forum.

Make sure you view a few before you buy to kind of get a benchmark of what to expect.

In the Knowledge Base on here there is a good buying guide, so get a printout of that to take.

I'm relatively new to VR6 ownership, having a KR engined valver before my VR, and believe me, you won't be dissapointed!

Good luck with the search!! :D

£3k should buy you a fairly decent VR6, although I don't think I've ever seen them that low at TCS.

Pistonheads.com, is another strong alternative if you ask me. Just keep checking and then get in there quickly! You won't be disappointed. Just nail it in 2nd on the test-drive and I bet you buy the bugger!

yeah you are looking in the right places for sure..just a waiting game i guess.

but as everyone else has said, it will be worth it! :)

i've got a '93 dragon green VR with cream leather interior 140k on the clock if your interested????????????

Looking for about 2900 for it. I've been told to get a diesel (by the "boss")