Sign in to follow this  
Kajkagen

What parts to change to get the Corrado in top shape?

Hello all!

After studying this great site for a very long time, I have now bought my first car (the buying guide was a BIG help, thanks!), a 94

1st thing I did to my G60 was new VAG calipers all round, disks, pads and bearings.

2nd thing was VAG bushes, top mounts, dampers, drop links, wishbones.

3rd was sort out the sloppy gear change.

4th was oil change, filter change, coolant flush, new bosch spark plugs and repair an oil leak, etc.

5th I did the rear beam bushes and installed braided brake hoses all round.

As for your engine I'm sure others will advise.

To be fair you could virtually replace everything if your not carefull!

The main items that are gonna let you down in my experience, will be water hoses/flanges, the radiator, or general service parts like the waterpump, coil pack/distributer, or spark plug leads causing misfires

I ran a pretty high mileage VR6 golf for a long time and drove it hard on occasions :norty: , and unless your chains have been diagnosed as noisy? or you can hear them rattling about i personally wouldnt spend all that money out on a "maybe"

you need to remove the Gearbox to do the chains and guides behind the lower cover so most people replace the clutch at the same time.

Personally I would give the car a full service first, spark plugs, ht leads, oil, coolant, filters, discs and pads (you will need new rear bearings too as they are pressed in the disc), then at least that way you know your basic running items are in good condition from "new" ownership and you can monitor how the car behaves and replace or repair things that may fail as they happen!

The VR6 engines are pretty strong despite what some say about chains, head gaskets, and water pumps failing, its not very common to be fair, a regularly well serviced car should help with reliability

Go with moty of the above!

Whereabouts in DK are you?

May have to do some exchange of Raddo bits for Saltlakrids :nuts: