Sign in to follow this  
was8v

Weighing in scrap wheels, batteries and cats

I've had a set of very rare Ronal R14 15" alloys knocking round my garden for a while.

I tried to sell em on ebay but no bids (one is bent and I couldn't find another matching).

Just been and weighed them in, they gave me £28

Also took down a fooked old Bosch 70ah battery and they gave me £4.80 for that too!

They buy old cat converters too.

With prices this good, maybe others need a clear out!

i have a set of speedlines i need to do the same with, but never get round to it

Prices are high for non-ferrous metals so nows the time to do it!

Prices are high for non-ferrous metals so nows the time to do it!

and take the stuff in your car before someone nicks your wheels :lol:

are those ronals like this by any chance,

000_0315.jpg

this was the spare in the boot of my corrado when i bought it, but its unfortunately been sitting on a set of crappy tsw's for a while now,

if your set of 3 is the same then i will buy them from you, for a bit more than the scrap man is offering too :D

karl.

are those ronals like this by any chance,

000_0315.jpg

this was the spare in the boot of my corrado when i bought it, but its unfortunately been sitting on a set of crappy tsw's for a while now,

if your set of 3 is the same then i will buy them from you, for a bit more than the scrap man is offering too :D

karl.

Ouch yes they were exactly like that but painted finish nobody wanted em even for £20 (as I couldnt find another) so the scrap man had them for £30. I've only ever seen them on SAABs (factory option) but they are a different stud pattern (mine were 4x100 et24, presume E30 fit).

1 was bent after hitting a kerb in my golf, 2 were perfect and 1 had a ding in the inside rim. If you are quick Morecambe Metals might not have recycled them yet :gag: .

I kept the centre caps and the security bolts/key to hold the centres on if they are any use to you?

Yeah I figured the scrap price was high when I had some pikey stop outside my house the other week and ask if I had any scrap bits like batteries etc...

..either that or he was casing the joint looking to steel my tools!

Might have to go and recover the battery from the Golf before it heads down the breakers then.

Ouch yes they were exactly like that but painted finish nobody wanted em even for £20 (as I couldnt find another) so the scrap man had them for £30. I've only ever seen them on SAABs (factory option) but they are a different stud pattern (mine were 4x100 et24, presume E30 fit).

1 was bent after hitting a kerb in my golf, 2 were perfect and 1 had a ding in the inside rim. If you are quick Morecambe Metals might not have recycled them yet :gag: .

I kept the centre caps and the security bolts/key to hold the centres on if they are any use to you?

im not going to be able to get to morcambe mate, gutted, mine is 4x100 et 25, they were a factory option for the g60 corrado apparently.

i have only ever seen a few sets of these r15's (all 4x100), but they never seem to come up for sale.

dont suppose you fancy going back to the scrappy to get them back for me do you? :lol:

if you had advertised them on here, then i would have snapped your arm off for them. karl.

I give all my scrap from work to the local pikeys

What a charitable man. Support your local pikeys! :salute:

Apparently I support the local pikeys too..... they did my rented garage over last year and had over a grands worth of scrap copper pipe and hot water cylinders (probably worth double that at the mo as prices are sooooo high... £3300 per ton for copper 2 weeks ago!) then 4 months later did the garage again but only got a set of Ronal alloys that I'd bought off ebay 2 months previos for £250. cnuts.

I give all my scrap from work to the local pikeys

What a charitable man. Support your local pikeys! :salute:

I actually do.

My local ones are sound as.

A bit ago some lads filled 2 big jerry cans with fuel at my work and ran of without paying.

Some pikeys came in moments later, helped us chase them, got it back and gave the lads a beatin haha