Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Best rear speakers?

After giving up on my quest to find some decent stanard Corrado speakers, I've got in touch with my local car audio place (back in the UK, Cambridge) and asked them to advise me on which speakers to go for...

...but I'd also like you guys to help :)

Which ones have peeps here fitted? I'm not after anything uber-amazing, but I do want something reasonable.

I currently have a JVC CD/mp3/DAB unit in the car if that makes any difference?

Cheers.

In the standard speaker spots in the back, the biggest I could fit was a 4x6, and I just threw in a few Pioneer's I had lying around. I have some 4x6" Sony Xplod's in my Porsche and they were great.

But then I got the want for something bigger and better and put two big 6x9" Sony's in my truck lid, and they sound excellent.

I’ve been looking into this too as I’m not going to have enough time this year to put my nice stereo kit in and I don’t want to butcher my nice original parcel shelf. I’m looking at these:

JBL @ £35:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... /2964.html

Alpine at £35:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... d/509.html

The Alpine have a lower nominal rating which would be better suited to head unit power in my opinion so I might go for them. However, I’ve always been impressed with cheap JBL speakers although my last set were driven with 120m RMS so I don’t know what they’d be like with h/u power.

I know they won’t be the last word in quality but the OE speakers after 15 years can only reproduce a dull gargling fuzzing noise at the moment!

EDIT: Just called Huets and managed to get me some £50 Orion speakers for £40 delivered :) :clap: