Sign in to follow this  
til2143

Paul's VR6 Storm

Hey lads, did some washing the wk end and also sent a spare set of bbs solitudes i had for a refurb as the originals have some corrosion scabs, fitted a shorter aerial and a new vw badge to the rear. next up is tinting the rear lights, dont know wheather to put clear or smoked side repeters though? heres some more pics

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

450924-6.jpg

lovely! what a great example, i wouldn't molest it too much, clear side reps and leave the rear lights original imo

also what are all the other corrados i see in the background looking sorry for themselves? :(

Looks terrific inside and out! Will only be a handful with fewer miles than that.

Has it got air con?

Cheers lads,

I collected my refurbed rims today, will get some pics up when there fitted, also got new coolant bottle and some G12, battery cover and a new accelerator cable as the one in it is a wee bit stiff, also have the centre consol gauges which im going to fit tomorrow :D

Cars in the back ground are breakers, most of them are pretty sad alright, very handy for spares tho :wink:

Some pics of centre consol gauges and re furbed rims, tyres fitted at the wk end

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

nice!

£10K !!!!!!! or did you mean €10k (if so, bargain of the year)?

No £10k your money, (12800 euro)

Got my refurbed wheels with new bbs badges fitted the wk end, also fitted a new battery cover as the old one was a bit tatty, heres som pics

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

Very tidy! 8)

Where did you get the replacement battery cover from? Mines never had one and I would'nt mind popping something on there.

Very tidy! 8)

Where did you get the replacement battery cover from? Mines never had one and I would'nt mind popping something on there.

Cheers lads, got the battery cover from my local dealer, part no. 357 915 411c, it tidies up the battery nicely

This is a really fantastic Storm I'd be reluctant to change it that much - I'd definitely keep the 50mm spoiler - I had the 90mm one and thought it was awful - like a snowplough!

But it's all personal taste.

hi mate, lovely car wear did you get your short aerial from?

cheers

Chris L

Hi Chris, I got mine from a guy that was doing a group buy last year, here is his email address [email protected]

This is a really fantastic Storm I'd be reluctant to change it that much - I'd definitely keep the 50mm spoiler - I had the 90mm one and thought it was awful - like a snowplough!

But it's all personal taste.

Cheers

Ya i have a brand new 90mm in the garage but i think im goin to leave it as is, i dont think im going to change much, mabye a stainless miltek and i might eventually lower it sightly, dont want to spoil the ride tho, ill have to read through the suspension thread even tho it will probably take me a full day :D

Stunning looking storm.Mint condition.Seems that the VW scene in Ireland is really kicking off.

Just had somebody from near Dublin come over and buy my wifes MK4 Anniversary.Buy the time he flew over and ferry back and paid tax to import it cost him a small fortune.Showed real comittment.Hope you enjoy your investment..

Stunning looking storm.Mint condition.Seems that the VW scene in Ireland is really kicking off.

Just had somebody from near Dublin come over and buy my wifes MK4 Anniversary.Buy the time he flew over and ferry back and paid tax to import it cost him a small fortune.Showed real comittment.Hope you enjoy your investment..

The vw seene is going well over here alright, lots of cars comming across the pond, especially now when the euro is a wee bit stronger against the sterling :) , was your wifes anniversary a red one?

Yes Paul it certainly was .A good fella called Declan came to get it .

Thought so, i know him from our forum over here, seen pics and it looks a really nice car

Storm looks lovely. :D

Personally, there is no way I'd change anything about the car other than a subtle drop. The Solitudes refurb looks top notch!