Sign in to follow this  
minili

New girl, new C... Well that didn't go to plan :(

Hi, I joined the forum a few weeks ago, been looking for my first Corrado. I found it on eBay! :luvlove:

I also own a 2004 Fiesta 1.25LX (for sale), and a 1986 Mini Mayfair 998cc (lightly tuned) which lives in the garage next to the Corrado's current parking spot. Anyway, back on topic...

Tech spec / general info:

2.0L 16V - unmodified engine

Lowered on Bilstein shocks and springs all round

Looks to be on stock wheels (not for long!)

Full s/s Jetex exhaust with de-cat pipe

Tinted rear lights

Full closure Cobra cat 1 alarm (loud... managed to set it off within 10 minutes of buying it :oops: )

Karmann interior? If the badge in front of the gear knob is anything to go by

140,000 miles

Working electrics! Windows, sunroof & spoiler... Not the mirrors though (can't win 'em all!)

And the important bit - photos:

Peekaboo

CIMG1977-1.jpg

CIMG1975-1.jpg

CIMG1981-1.jpg

CIMG1982-1.jpg

CIMG1980-1.jpg

What do you think? Be gentle with me!

Lisa :thumbleft:

Edit: I had to resize the photos to upload them and it looks to have cropped them instead :confused4: (they look fine on Photobucket)

Welcome aboard :) Looks nice!

They all have Karmann interiors, as all of the Corrado's were built by Karmann Coachworks, not Volkswagen :)

What are your plans for it?

Thanks for the welcomes, ah I didn't know they all had karmann interiors :oops: Some sellers mention it, some don't (this one didn't) so I guessed if it didn't say it, it didn't have it, lol.

The initial plan is to get rid of my Fiesta so I can swap my insurance over, tax it and get on the road! It has a slightly uneven idle and smells like it's running rich, though it has been SORNed since August-07 and has absolutely sod all petrol, so the first thing I'm going to do is give it some fresh juice and take it for a spirited drive down a dual carriageway! :angel: It does have 12 months MOT though, always a good start :tongue:

Only other mod I have planned for now is wheels - fancy some black 5-spokes on it :luvlove: I don't know enough about them yet to know what other mods to do, so you might see alot of me asking stupid questions which have probably been asked a million times before - I promise to use the search first!

Lise

Welcome to the forum :) Rado looks to be in pretty good nick, not so keen on the dark tinted rears though

I LOVE the tinted rears! :luvlove:

Thats the plan for mine...eventually...

White Rado's got a certain 'something'.

Lovely looking car girl 8)

oooh nice, i was looking for a white rado too but settled for a nice aqua blue instead 8)

when i brought mine the electric mirrors didnt work either but if you fiddle with them it cleans up the connectors after a while....failing that you can actually take then apart and clean them, that should be the problem if your lucky :grin:

hope you enjoy it!

just a thought.... but it would look cool if you took out the cover behind the rear vw badge so you could see it :grin: it the little things that count.

Congrats on the new car bud. Looks good in white.

Am I seeing things or does it have a vr6 bonnet?

UK K-reg is the changeover year for ALL Corrado's to have the VR bulge bonnet

Congrats on the new car bud. Looks good in white.

Am I seeing things or does it have a vr6 bonnet?

UK K-reg is the changeover year for ALL Corrado's to have the VR bulge bonnet

Cool. Didn't know that. :wink:

Hey thanks for the comments guys! I do love it so! Hehe :luvlove:

VW domo, it took me a while to work out what you meant but I see now, it just looks like a black circle doesn't it :|

Hoping to be on the road by this weekend - got to see if my insurance company will let me add it as a second car to my policy.

My dad suggested insuring the Mini as my main car and putting the VW on a classic policy to save money, not sure if that would really work... Are they cheaper to insure on classic policies? Probably worth a try I suppose... Would have to be insured for up to 10,000 miles though :shrug:

looks like a nice straight car. love white corrado's had a white g60 a while back. i was going to go for bbs rims with the centre's done black on mine

sorry its not a white car in the pic

chopped-1.jpg

My dad suggested insuring the Mini as my main car and putting the VW on a classic policy to save money, not sure if that would really work... Are they cheaper to insure on classic policies? Probably worth a try I suppose... Would have to be insured for up to 10,000 miles though :shrug:

Yep. If your mini is getting you your NCB you may as well go for a classic policy on the 'rado (which looks sweet by the way, white is defo in these days with top end cars). I was going to insure mine on a classic but it would mean id stop earning NCB due to my daily being a works oil burning shed of a van. Defo worth looking into.

Congrats on the purchase & :wave:

At the moment I have 2xNCB on a Fiesta which is my daily (until Thursday - then it swaps to the C) and the Mini on a classic policy.

My dad's theory was that, as classic insurance is generally cheaper, and the Mini has a tiddly engine, it'd work out cheaper to insure the Mini on a normal policy (which wouldn't cost much more than classic) and save money on C insurance by making it classic.

It seems I'm going to have trouble with that anyway because I have to use the car for work occasionally so while it's not often it's safer to get Business Class 1 (use for employer's business) because I'd be devastated if I crashed and they didn't pay out!

Also rang up my main insurers today to swap the policy over, it's only an extra £100 on the premium to swap over which is frankly a bargain compared to quotes I'd been getting, sadly balanced out by the rip-off £14/week (which would be over £700/year) to keep the Fiesta insured - it only cost £430 in the first place! Hmmph, gits. :scratch:

Aaaanyway, assuming the docs come through it'll finally be on the road on Thursday... Until Friday when I have to put it away for the weekend as I'm off to Newquay in the Mini for the Riviera Run (anybody else into Minis? ...No? Thought not >_

I'll let you know how the C runs when it's got some fresh petrol and been for a blast down a few country lanes at the end of this week... I've booked a day off work especially for the momentous first cruise! :grin:

Aaaanyway, assuming the docs come through it'll finally be on the road on Thursday... Until Friday when I have to put it away for the weekend as I'm off to Newquay in the Mini for the Riviera Run (anybody else into Minis? ...No? Thought not >_

Sweet, I didn't know that was this weekend, I love the riviera run, some of the mini's you see on the roads are absolutely mental!

Just hope the weather sorts itself out for you, camping wont be fun if it doesn't :confused:

Welcome to the forum :D

Only other mod I have planned for now is wheels - fancy some black 5-spokes on it :luvlove:

Lise

Did I hear black 5 spokes :lol: . I have Compomotive MO's which (I think) look the business. Yours looks fab, and black wheels woulddefinately suit it.

Did I hear black 5 spokes :lol: . I have Compomotive MO's which (I think) look the business. Yours looks fab, and black wheels woulddefinately suit it.

How much?

Are you actually selling those? :luvlove: What size are they & how much, if so? Or are you just showing them off :lol:

Welcome to the forum :D

Only other mod I have planned for now is wheels - fancy some black 5-spokes on it :luvlove:

Lise

sweet brakes man!! :luvlove: :luvlove:

The MO's look similar to the Speedlines that VRs had, very tidy 8)