Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

Audioscape: To amp or not to amp?

Evenin all, I've managed to acquire a pair of Audioscape pods for the VR, and I'm wondering whats best to fill them with, and whether to use an amp or not?

Done various searches, and Focal, Infinity and MB Quartz seem to be a popular choice, but the question is, if, for instance, I go for the Focals, would I need a seperate amp?

I'm not after earthshakin amounts of volume, just want some clean punchy bass.

I plan to use some soundproofing in the doors while its in bits, which should keep some of the sound in.

So, what do people recommend with regards to amping or not?

Oh and any fitting tips for the pods would be great too! :D

Cheers all! :salute:

I reccomend you should feel ashamed of yourself, outbiding me by a £1 :bad-words: :lol: I only stuck that bid in this morning before I went to work and thought they'd go for alot more. You certainly got a billy Bargin anyway :clap:

Take the door card off line up the pods and drill through the door card and the pod to screw into, just measure twice and cut once though to position right.

Definately amp up if going the decent Focal etc component set.

I have an audioscape amp panel, with a genesis profile 4 ultra amp for sale, click on the link in my signature! It's quite expensive but it's a great bit of kit.

I reccomend you should feel ashamed of yourself, outbiding me by a £1 :bad-words: :lol: I only stuck that bid in this morning before I went to work and thought they'd go for alot more. You certainly got a billy Bargin anyway :clap:

Sorry dude! :D To be fair I didn't think I'd get em at that price! Bonus though, like you say.

Take the door card off line up the pods and drill through the door card and the pod to screw into, just measure twice and cut once though to position right.

Definately amp up if going the decent Focal etc component set.

Cheers for that Junkie, What components have you got in yours? And what rating/make amp? And where you mounted it? Back of the rear seat?

Sorry for all the questions, don't really want to have to spend more than once on it...

how much?????? and they've never been used!! :shock: :shock: you jammy git!!

without being too rude (as he said he'd been on here!), if the seller could have spelt audioscape right he'd have made a lot more than that! :cuckoo:

how much?????? and they've never been used!! :shock: :shock: you jammy git!!

without being too rude (as he said he'd been on here!), if the seller could have spelt audioscape right he'd have made a lot more than that! :cuckoo:

Yeah I thought exactly that, just hope they arrive safe and sound.

Whatever you put in them (Rainbow also do some decent and relatively cheap components) I'd go with the amp. The built-in power-amps in head units are going to struggle to properly drive the 6.5" drivers.

The amp itself doesn't have to be anything exciting, 50W RMS (not peak) per channel will do the job. I've got a Genesis Profile 4 Ultra which is probably a bit overkill, but the smaller Profile 4 should do the job nicely.