jibsterrado

lowering the corrado

205/45/17 is the wrong size for a corrado, they need to be 205/40/17s..

The 45 instead od the 40 means the overall wheel diameter is too big and your speedo will be wrong and it will increase the chance of fouling the arches..

It'll also depend a lot on the offset (ET) of the replacement alloys.

The lower the ET number, the further the outer edge of the rim will protrude.

HTH.

oh right k so it would be better to sell these tyres n get 17/40/205s before lowering it?!

thats what i would do mate . when i first got my tt comps i chucked them on with the standard 45 profile tyres ,they rubbed on full lock and it wasn't even lowered!!!!!!!!!! got some 205/40/17's now and they are perfect size for the corrado.

How much would you recommend lowering the Corrado by? I dont want it too low, I'd jsut like to lower it so it looks neater, stiffens the suspension yet still performs on the uk roads well. Also which lowering springs are the best for the money?

Don't drop it too far! I had horrible rubbing problems on mine when I got it - ended up raising it ~40mm and swapping from 215/40/17s to 195/45/16s which made a huge difference to ride quality as well.

Stone

I would look at the h&r springs, seen a few on here and the car sits well.

I only got coilovers as the other springs I tried were too low. Meant to be -40mm springs. Think its to do with the age of car and top mount design.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Hi I am also looking to lower my vr6 I am looking to put off set rims on the back dose anyone know what size can I fit back and front i was going to fit 18in rims can they fit.

Sorry

Edited by lgs

No idea mate, it was on when I bought the car. I get a bit of stick from the local VAG lot about it being a bit chav, but its been on a while as the lacquer has started to slightly come away where its been bonded on. I dare not remove it without having a replacement boot, for fear of a costly respray! I also think its looks quite good actually! :o