Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

Why did I wait so long to change to Lupo Wipers!

bought the wipers from vagparts.com today they look identicall to the lupos i asked the guy if it was similar he said he has never heard of the lupo wiper mod haha but said he has been sellin them for 5 years and not had a complaint so heres hoping.

bought the wipers from vagparts.com today they look identicall to the lupos i asked the guy if it was similar he said he has never heard of the lupo wiper mod haha but said he has been sellin them for 5 years and not had a complaint so heres hoping.

they working alright mate? i know you only ordered them yesterday but.....why aren't they on yet? ironically i bet you are waiting for a dry day to fit them :grin:

Arrived last weekend really nice fit look the part aswell best 80 odd quid i spent so far they clean the windscreen better than my dads mercedez haha will post pick if needed.

Well after reading this and fancying some for my 8v daily i ordered som from the VAG Parts company and just fitted them and they are PANTS! the left hand side blade arcs in the middle and doesn't even touch the screen so have i done something wrong?

I swapped over the blades too and it was just as bad! :(

Any suggestions?

Did you buy two drivers side ones? Pretty sure that's what I got and they work fine.

Hi Mate, Yeah they are both the same part number and genuine items too! Really got me this :scratch: was expecting them to be awsome.

Can only think its the little metal bits that need filing away so the arm go's closer to the screen, has anyone else had to do this? :|

Did you buy two drivers side ones? Pretty sure that's what I got and they work fine.

Hi Mate, Yeah they are both the same part number and genuine items too! Really got me this :scratch: was expecting them to be awsome.

Can only think its the little metal bits that need filing away so the arm go's closer to the screen, has anyone else had to do this? :|

isn't that a mod to be used on the stock rado arms not the lupo ones?

The lupo arms and blades should fit perfectly and certainly not bottom out on the arms like the original ones, mine have been on for two years and they still work perfectly, are you sure the blades have not been crushed or bent when they where in stock, as one of the ones they gave me had a wrinkle in the blade so I took it back and got another one.

Hi Chaps, the blades look a little rippley but nothing major! had another look at the arms tonight and bent them towards the screen a little to apply more pressure to the blade but they are still utterly useless!

Think i'm going to send them back or try them on judiths first!

The one's i took off worked better and i aint joking :(

Hmm, that's definitely not right, but you might as well test them on another car just to be sure before you send them back.

Hi Jim, had a bit of a bending session this evenin and will see how they are over the next day or so! not impressed though at £80 odd when they need tweeking so much :(

They are whats called, Aero wiper kit for Corrado's from VAG parts online as earlier in the thread and not the TT ones by the way.

Hi Jim, had a bit of a bending session this evenin and will see how they are over the next day or so! not impressed though at £80 odd when they need tweeking so much :(

They are whats called, Aero wiper kit for Corrado's from VAG parts online as earlier in the thread and not the TT ones by the way.

not pleased to hear that for you buddy - that's crap!

also i'm just waiting for delivery of some that i ordered at the end of last week from VAG parts - so really hope i don't have the same experience :?

really hope you manage to get it sorted buddy.....

That could be it, I got mine direct from the stealers and made sure they were the Lupo GiT ones? Though I dunno why yours wouldn't fit if others have had success with them. The only other thing I can think of is maybe your windscreen has been replaced and it could be a slightly different curvature? But that doesn't really make much sense to do, if you catch my drift.

Other than that :scratch:

Kip,

Do you wanna borrow mine and see if they are a better fit?

Mine are the Lupo ones.

Kip,

Do you wanna borrow mine and see if they are a better fit?

Mine are the Lupo ones.

Be interesting to look at yours mate i have to say!

Just been out checking the boost on the new Supercharger and something else has let go, so the C will be parked up on the drive for a few days Kip, so no probs taking a gander or trying them on yours to see about the fit for a few days. :(

Seem to have sorted this issue now by bending the arms (where they are already bent) more towards the screen and bingo :clap: guess the linkage is getting a little worn too me thinks!