Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

What a nightmare! help please

I've had a little accident with the C' so it has gone to the body shop to try and sort it, but in order to do so we may need the rear side widow out :( to say this is bad timing is a chuffin understatement as its supposed to be in the Super Class event at stanford hall on sunday.

Can anyone advise on removal and refitting the window in question? a pic or two would be good too please.

I just want to cry right now and my girlies away in bristol for the night too so i'm sat here like a manic deppressive :(

Kip.

I'd have a search as I recall it has been discussed. AFAIK it's bonded in and presumably has to be cut out.

I'll have a trawl through previous threads to see if I can find anything.

Kip,

I cut mine out myself. It was one of those jobs that you can do at home but wonder why you ever started doing it. I removed all the inner trim and started with an extended craft knife on the bottom. Once I was though I pushed a wedge in and continued round but as mentioned the seal is bonded to the glass so be carefull. Just remember lots of soapy water.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61000#p715737

Thanks for the links boys! just the job but i hope it doesn't have to come out really :|

I can never find what i want when i do a search, is there a typing technique when searching or something?

I can never find what i want when i do a search, is there a typing technique when searching or something?

Yup.

Click on "Advanced search" Then type the words you want with a + in front like "+16v +better +than +vr6" in the box, click on search topics, not posts, and roberts your mothers brother.

Yup.

Click on "Advanced search" Then type the words you want with a + in front like "+16v +better +than +vr6" in the box, click on search topics, not posts, and roberts your mothers brother.

Lol! cheers farmer boy!

Sorry to hear this mate, fingers crossed for getting the old girl sorted...

Will second that mate, Ah well these things happen, at least if it is there we can play guess the painted panel as a party game! :)

Well the guy at the body shop has managed to do the job without removing the window as he didn't need to go as far up as that, and i have to say after spending most of yesterday afternoon T/cutting it back and smoothing it out a little it looks pretty damn good so am rather pleased and i'm still amazed how quickly he turned it around for me :clap:

Inspections at stanford are welcome :D And only honest comments allowed :salute:

Thanks for your help VR6/Exup will keep those in mind should there be a next time.

Glad you got it sorted out Kip. What happened to it? How did you damage it?

How did you damage it?

:wink: very astute use of the word 'you' there Jim.

I'm not gonna let on but lets just say Kip was calling himself all the names under the sun on Sunday and I kept well out the way :eek:

Still, alls well that ends well and he is back in love with the C :luvlove:

Think I'm back in second place again (or is that held by the Colnago :shrug: )

very astute use of the word 'you' there Jim.

Well I guessed it was self inflicted as he wasn't blaming anyone else for the damage :)

where did you get the panel sprayed? Somewhere in sheff?

Yes mate Fruddy's Auto's they work from the back of Century Motors on Catchbar Lane next to the shop where i work. pop round for a chat and ask for Richard, Steve or Ben. :)

Will fill you in on the details on Sunday Jim :oops: