Sign in to follow this  
the delta force

Abandoned Corrado

A friend of mine at work has told me that someone for a reason unknown to man has dumped a '92 Corrado near his house. It's in good nick and hasn't yet received sticker from the council.

I wanted to know how I could get my hands on it legally.... Checked the car on mycarcheck.com and it came back fine. Hasn't been stolen.

I have a friend who is a copper and I did ask her to carry out a PNC check to find out the owners details but she doesn't have access to that at the moment.

The DVLA will not give that type of info out.

Does anyone know how I can find the registered keeper?

Stefan

I would say your only hope would be your copper friend.

My only other suggestion would be to put an annonymous note on the car asking for the owner to contact you in the hope that the owner may drive/walk by out of curiosity and see the note.

depends on if its been dumped or PARKED...........does it have tax for instance?...........is it parked up on a street or a bit of waste ground?........

The only legal way is to either contact the owner somehow, or wait till it gets taken by the authorities then offer to buy it off 'em before they crush it.

you cant have the owners details because of the data protection act thats why the dvla wont dish it out but the police can do a veichle check thats your only route for the details as far as i can see , seems a shame if it has been dumped thou have people no respect :cuckoo:

Its just off a roundabout, not sure if it has tax, it might do if hasn't been taken by the council.

He said that he passes it on his way to work and now it has two flat tyres...

Might try the note idea or befriend another police officer...

Such a shame :(

There a gorgeous Aston Martin V8 Vantage been parked in the same spot in a private car park near my uni for a few days now! Its been left that long it has some dust on it, i have decided that i should try and claim it as its clearly been abandoned :D

Maybe in my dreams :( :(

There a gorgeous Aston Martin V8 Vantage been parked in the same spot in a private car park near my uni for a few days now! Its been left that long it has some dust on it, i have decided that i should try and claim it as its clearly been abandoned :D

Because you don't have enough nice and fast cars in your life? Share the love! :lol:

I doubt your police friend would be wise to "check" ownership of that car if she did have access to PNC, "minerva" (internal police data protection) makes every check accountable to every officer, so unless she is stood next to it when she checks it, she could be on dodgy ground

If you make all reasonable attempts to trace the owner without any luck, do as sugested above, DVLA and "lay claim" to it, and apply for the log book, that way you cannot be accused of "stealing" it, dont do anything to it untill you are 100% sure its gonna stay in you possesion though as it may be reported stolen and then you would have a legal rangle and although it would tecnically be a civil matter (proof of ownership as a registered "keeper" means just that, not owned!) it would be a load of agro for a car thats not worth a massive amount

I will do both, leave a note and also contact the DVLA on Tuesday. I'm going to have a look at it this morrning to see what it exactly looks like.

You're right, it probably isn't worth that much , but seems as shame to leave it. No doubt, it will start to get vandalised if left any longer.

I shall try....

I've just been to see the car. It now has four flat tyres but is taxed until the end of June. Has a small dent at the rear.

Will get onto the DVLA tomorrow.

knock any locals up, they might know who owns it?

I thought about this too when I found a dumped corrado in a multi storey. A fairly tidy VR with just a few minor scrapes. After 3 weeks it was positively caked in grime.

Took the details & reported it to plod trying to get advice on how to lay claim.

Unfortunately the grime proved too tempting to the locals who first wrote stuff in the dirt and then pilfered bits then broke glass. Days later it was gone.

No idea who had it.

My suggestion is if you want to go the legal route of applying to be the new keeper, get a bucket down there and clean it & pump the tyres - makes it less of a target.

2.0 16v with a dent right where the Corrado badge sits.....

Ah OK, it looked exactly like one that was abandoned near me last year.

I'd leave a note and knock on doors near there.

Apply for the logbook ASAP- this is normal procedure and a legal way of dealing with abandoned cars IIRC.

Give it a clean and pump the tyres as above.

Once the log book comes through (bear in mind you will be registered keeper NOT the owner) remove it and stash in your garage for a few months to be sure before spending any money on it.

A private plate will help disguise the ID if you plan to keep it local.

Hardly worth it for a probably broken 16v - defo worth it if it was that cossie above!

I`ve got an abandoned Storm in my drive :)

Just can`t be bothered to do anything with it just now :(

Apply for the logbook ASAP- this is normal procedure and a legal way of dealing with abandoned cars IIRC.

Once the log book comes through (bear in mind you will be registered keeper NOT the owner) remove it and stash in your garage for a few months to be sure before spending any money on it.

Hardly worth it for a probably broken 16v - defo worth it if it was that cossie above!

How would you get it back to your house? :scratch:

How would you get it back to your house? :scratch:

WTF is going on with your username Jon? :grin: :scratch:

EDIT Its just changed again!

Thanks for your help guys,

Filling out a V62 form as I type.

DVLA say it takes between four to five weeks which is ideal as the car's taxed until the end of June.

Will borrow a pump and inflate the tyres.

Stefan