Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

A sort of whats it worth thread

Its not a forsale add as im not sure yet. An oppertunity has arose to go live in Australia for a bit. Id love to go but would mean getting rid of my g60 c. :(

As of late corrado prices aint been great. To be honest the cars worth more in bits as im sure u all know thats usually the case lol. The thing is it would kill me to break as I love the car. Im just gonna go over the spec of the car and please offer your advise on what you think its worth. Il be as honest about the car as possible I know some pics would help but its raining and all cars look gorgeous wet :lol:.

The car is a 92 late spec G60 with abs.

Its done 120,000 miles.

There is a box full of receipts thats bigger than my college folder :shock:

Il stop boring yas and tell you a bit about the car.

Its got a bahn brenner screwcharger kit on it thats done around 2500 miles, magnex stainless exhaust and its been decatted, a golf g60 front mounted intercooler, shcrick camshaft, sns stage 5 chip. It has a solid front engine mount and some Gwerks uprated rear and G box mount the last two have done the same milage as the charger. Whilst these were fitted I also fitted a brand new vw oil pump a genuine vw cambelt and genuine vw rear wheel bearings. Its had a brand new water pump fitted which has also done 2500 mile and a G werks slimline fan. Ive also got an 18psi pulley for the charger but wasn't going to fit these until I bought some red top injectors, oil cooler and a chip for it. The car has ibiza cupra r brembos which have done around 4000 miles and it also has koni fully adjustable coilovers on it and powerflex bushes. Wheels wise it has 16 inch speedline comp 2s on it.

The car has full leather interior and ive just fitted some leather porsche gt3 replica bucket seats and 3 point TRS harnesses, although i do still have the original front seats. It does have an uprated stereo in it, alothough i didn't fit this. From memory it has focal fronts, infinity rears and an infinity basscube.

Body work wise it has a little dent in the back where the vw badge is. There is some rust round the handle on the drivers door a few parking dings and some stonechips to the front. It has also started to scratch the left hand side off the sunroff a little bit.My next plan was to get the full car painted inside and out but this has come up instead. Ive been as honest as possible but it is a reall nice car and always gets attention no matter where it goes. Il get some pics up asap. There were some of it from the demon vw big fat tour but I cant get on to put the links up from the demon webstie. I know a few people on this forum have owned this car before me also, It was jims old G60. Any opinion would be great. Sorry to bore you and thanks for your time.

If you've got Australian residency then i'd bring it with you mate, it will more than double in value if yo decided to sell it here. There is only 6 in the whole of Australia that i know of.

Bring a 2 door Mk2 Golf and make a profit too, they only had the more door here, 2 doors are very sought after too.

Matt

Well it looks like its going up for sale :(

My next question lol. The bits of bodywork that require attention, im debating werther to get them done which would mean the car would command abit higher premium or do I leave the bits that need doing and let them reflect in the price. I am so unsure as I have no idea what to advertise it for.

@ carpoid. I'd love to take it with me mate but Id find it even harder to part with it then lol. Plus taking it with me would mean id need a serious job where as im treating it as a work holiday for the time being.

TBH the ways cars are selling at the moment, If you are not going for good and dont need the cash?, Why not try and get it stored. Then if you do decide not to come back, get it sold then.

Tim

I know mate, if I could afford to keep it belive me I would. Its one or the other tho im afraid.