Sign in to follow this  
n3p

The last of the valvers..

Hey guys,

I have a 1991 1.8 16v, but it is rather odd, in the fact that it has the 2.0 16v PAS setup.

I was wondering what parts would be needed from which corrado, as I've regularly recieved wrong parts. eg; driveshaft,cv's - from a 2.0 or 1.8? or no difference? I ask because I bought one which turned out to be completely wrong, so kind of stumped :(

Also how about the bottom end of the engine? Still a 1.8 but simply with a steering setup?

Any advice would be great, it's annoying to try and order parts and try and work out which ones I actually need

brickwall.gif

which is why VW will always ask for the regisrtation plate, chassis number and engine number, well they will if they know what they are doing.

The late 1.8 16v's simply moved to the 2L 16v setup for pulleys, deleting the unreliable idler pulley on the water pump - which was a good idea.

The result is you have a different length of shaft required on the PS pump, which is why it's different to the early 1.8 pump.

Most of the engine parts will be the same as any other 1.8 16v though.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but does this mean the PAS rack from a 92 Corrado won't fit my 90/91 spec? :shrug: