Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Total closure and central locking not working!

Im not really sure whats going on with my central locking/total closure. I have a clifford concept 50 or 60, a fairly old one.

Went to lock my car on Friday, with the alarm fob as I normally do, but only the doors locked, and the windows and sunroof stayed open!

After fiddling around with it, I noticed that the immobiliser was being deactivated by the fob and was able to put the ignition on and shut everything.

I can only use the passenger side door lock as I have de-locked the drivers now. Turning the key didnt activate the central locking either.

A little later on the central locking started working with the fob, but I noticed the indicators were not flashing :scratch:

The next morning everything was back to normal, which is quite puzzling! Today it has just started doing the same thing, so I need to get to the bottom of it!

Could it be the central locking pump?

Could it be the box that controls the total closure?

If anyone has come across this problem, or has any ideas, Im all ears!

Thanx

I havnt checked actually, and I cant really check till tomorrow as its parked at work.

I was wondering if there was any relays or fuses for the central locking?

When you look at the bank of fuses, just above it is a fuse on its own with a couple of relays. Make sure this fuse hasn't blown or is loose, as it's for leccy windows and central locking. If you're lucky and it's only loose you've got a cheap easy repair for once :D

If it's not that ....can't help I'm afraid

Well I ended up riding to work, just round the corner, and having a look. The doors opened with the fob, but no indicators. The alarm box was making some strange noises though, clicking, humming etc, which Ive never really noticed!

Could it be that the alarms on its way out perhaps :scratch:

I've got a similar prob.

The central locking works fine and the total closure works ok on the key but..

Total closure doesnt happen with the remote.the power is cut to soon and everything stops closing? :scratch:

I think Im going to have to fork out for a new alarm system :(

Mine is a very dated concept 50, otherwise known as the come back 50!

Been looking at the Toad Ai606 cat 1, which is very reasonably priced, about £230 fitted!