Sign in to follow this  
barryarginnraddo

my 20vt corrado ... the saga continues

marcocorrado wrote:

As a reply to that last post, How did you know what temperature to set the gauge too? Cheers

Good point!

well i just waited for fan to come on and set gauge to about 90 degrees. works well enough to see if the engine is getting to hot? If you wanted it spot on sure you could use a thermometer?

Also on many new vehicles the gaige will sit at 90 degress all day to say the engine is in operating range which could be 80-110degrees, believe it or not.

good news today

got the engine running for the first time warmed it up to temp, got fan working in dash gauges working and a lot of other stuff.

so a big thanks to my mates Marcus and Adam todays been sweet. :clap:

i know, its almost ready for MOT now.

I am calling all 20.16v 9a owners out there to do me a big favour.

If any one could look at the 2.5k onward low oil pressure switch on the cylinder head and tell me how many and what colour wires are used and also the rough location of the sensor i would be for ever grateful....

cheers

Ollie :)

haha annoying dash board warning beeping flashing oil pressure switch problem resolved now curtesy of my good friend marcus. Seriously the dude rocks out. :clap:

MOT looms on friday, but im now fully insured / agreed valued up. sweeeeeeeeeeet !

nice one! what bhp you running? Do you have any more videos?

Sorry no more videos as its still in need of a a bit of running etc. Hoping to get it on the strip at pod when reliable though, and maybe some road trips etc.

I cant wait to get it back now! :luvlove:

Christ, I had no idea, my name is mud now. :pale: I bought that engine in good faith off someone on Ed38 forum, but my financial situation changed and I needed the money back for my Mortgage. I am so so sorry that this has caused you so much grief :(

I hope you managed to recoup some money off it. It sounds strange that you could not get compression, did you get the head skimmed when you changed the head gasket?

Again, so sorry, was not my intention to stitch you up, I am off to see if I still have the details of the bloke I bought it off to give him some grief. :mad2: :bad-words:

^^^^^ I can say this guy is not a rip off merchant at all too, just a genuine balls up happened all round.

fair enough if thats the case, but im understandably going to be slightly hacked off with being around a grand out of pocket.

I guess you pay your money - you take your chance.

btw. old 20v engine with no compression is available if any wants it for any reason.

I could be interested in it mate, PM me some details.

It is bad to be out of pocket i agree and understandably hacked off about it at least he posted up on here to explain which alot of people would not do.

Anyway its all water under the bridge you have moved on and almost got an awesome rado on the road once its MOT'd :D

Christ, I had no idea, my name is mud now. :pale: I bought that engine in good faith off someone on Ed38 forum, but my financial situation changed and I needed the money back for my Mortgage. I am so so sorry that this has caused you so much grief :(

I hope you managed to recoup some money off it. It sounds strange that you could not get compression, did you get the head skimmed when you changed the head gasket?

Again, so sorry, was not my intention to stitch you up, I am off to see if I still have the details of the bloke I bought it off to give him some grief. :mad2: :bad-words:

Compression was still over 50psi down on th number 1 cylinder after head gasket change! Think this would indicate a fairly serious bottom end issue or large crack somewhere. :brickwall:

Sometimes you've got to realise the fact you been ripped off and cut your losses, on the plus side the Corrurbo is now looking and sounding very healthy :norty:

I can't find the details of the bloke who sold me the engine as I cleared out my old PM's some time ago. To be honest I doubt it would make a lot of difference.

I understand that you are pissed off, I am too, albeit I am not out of pocket to the same tune that you are. As for being a grand out of pocket, did you not get any money back from the turbo (£200 worth), head (well you won't have yet as you have not sold the engine.), the wiring loom was designed to run as much of the original loom as poss without resorting to seperate ECU, that was worth £300 itself as I bought that seperate to the engine.

Just another question, had the head gasket gone on cylinder 1 as well, as I said above, I am thinking that we are talking a warped head that needed skimming, not doing this would have lead to low compression.

Anyhow, as said, I have nothing to hide, and I won't hide, I will hold my hands up to this in the sense I sold you the engine, if I had known the problems associated with this I would not have sold the engine. Hope I can catch up with you (and Marcus) at some point in the future, I owe you a big favour of some description, (eg, if you or Marcus ever needed a car moving, I have a car transporter trailer these days and would gladly help you out, despite the distance from mine to yours)

haha the new engine is in and we have checked the compression which is sweeeeet!!

result looks like things may well be on the up now. :clap:

myself and my 2 crazy accomplesses have booked this thursday off work to try and get more done.

If any one knows about how you get the in dash temp guage working please let mew know asap.

cheers Ollie :D

Hi mate,

Sorry....bit of a late reply, but my temp gauge seems to be working fine? Was yours completely dead?

Regards

Sukh