Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

VW dealer service for my Corrado. Good price?

10,000mile service at my local VW dealership.

- general 10,000mile checks (car is coming up to 78,000miles)

- 6 new spark plugs

- oil change and oil filter

- coolant flush and change

Extras I've asked for...

- rear brake pads changed

- handbrake cable(s) adjusted

- front and rear brakes cleaned (front brakes are new and have been squeeking lately)

- Audi TT pedals ordered and fitted

- new headlight control switch ordered and fitted

- labour charges

Cost - €509 (£400.78*)

Is this good? :scratch: I've not owned the car long enough to have had it serviced in the UK.

* todays exchange rate = 1 GBP = 1.270 EUR.

sounds about right for a dealer but would be a lot cheaper in an independant garage, the best thing if you don't feel like doing it yourself is to asks friends and family for a garage you can trust

At least you can get a VW dealer to service her... contacted Dublin's main VW Dealer - Annesley Motors - and was told that they would touch any VW car that was older than 1996.

VW for you...

VW for you...

It's all down to the dealers - I think VW themselves aren't that bad. My local dealership is doing lots to encourage enthusiasts into its workshops these days - discounted rates for older cars, and discounts at the parts counter. And they're happy to process long / tedious orders of nuts and bolts, etc which some arrogant / arsey stealerships are not willing to do these days!

I have to say that although I’d never go to a dealer for actual work (£80/hr +VAT) they’re good for parts. I’m constantly ordering silly little bits of trim etc and they’re fine with it. Tunbridge Wells Motorline for the record

...although I’d never go to a dealer for actual work (£80/hr +VAT)

In Cambridge its £95ph! Thankfully here in Gutersloh its €69ph (£54)

VW for you...

It's all down to the dealers - I think VW themselves aren't that bad. My local dealership is doing lots to encourage enthusiasts into its workshops these days - discounted rates for older cars, and discounts at the parts counter. And they're happy to process long / tedious orders of nuts and bolts, etc which some arrogant / arsey stealerships are not willing to do these days!

As Jim says some dealers are encouraging owners of older cars to have them serviced at their dealerships. I have been using Abridge in Harlow and they give discounted labour rates for older cars (I think over 10 years).