Sign in to follow this  
swwiss

Air con

has any one got photos of Air con hoses in the engine bay of a right hand drive VR6 or 2.0 16v, I have a G60 left hand drive with air con but want to put it in my 16v as I am making it a G60-16v but have the problem of the hoses from the bulk head coming from the left hand side on the G60, as in the right hand drive the brake servo is on the right as where on the left hand drive model the hoses are coming from the right, so I am after photos to see if the VR6 right had drive had the hoses coming from the left, any help I would be greatful,l Thanks Swwiss

Moving.

That forum is for comments and questions about the site.

His photos dont include the engine rad - it is VERY tight in there with aircon. Will post up some of mine when it's reassembled.

that right, i had the rad off to replace it, it is all very tight in there

this is about the only pic with both rads i have

DSC00633.jpg

RHD never got Factory A/C. It was always an aftemarket kit from Diavia. Their were no factory RHD hoses, the kit hoses were crimped up by the installers.

In either a LHD or RHD car the AC unit is in the passenger footwell. A LHD AC unit is a mirror of RHD and so will not fit.

You could make something up by finding a suitable AC unit from a old passat

3corsa? Could you kindly post me a picture of the black connector that goes into the thermo housing? I've got about 6 cables still left to connect and these are the ones i stupidly didnt label before the stripdown :cuckoo: