Sign in to follow this  
andygal

Sunroof limity switches

Hey, my sunroof tilts fine but when sliding, itl open about 5mm then cut out, your press the button, another 5mm etc....same when closing!!

it does the same when the motors off so its not overloading...must be the limiter!! Anyone got any ide ahow to set these??

Cheers,

Andy

have you tried making sure that the sunroof motor is in the fully tilted position and that the sunroof itself is in the fully tilted position? is that makes sense? i spent two months getting mine to work right, runs like a dream now (with all new parts from VW!)

nope not tried that...is that how its meant to be installed??? so fit the motor, tilt the sunroof, remove the motor and use the switch to set the motor so its as if the sunroof is tilted then install??

Cheers,

Andy

There are allignment marks on the mechanism. Its all detailed in the bentley manual if you have access to one. You have to get the mech in the correct place and set the motor in the right position without being installed, then install the motor. Using the marks also mean that the left and right sliding parts are EXACTLY in the right place and not fighting against each other, which is the cause of many people's nightmare fiting stories.