Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolkool

pressed plates??

hi guys

just wondering, im really wanting some pressed plates i had them on my last vdub but they were already on there.

does anyone know where i can get some especially with the proper german symbols in between the second letter (if you know what i mean)

let me know if you know :D

liam

i've had 2 sets from dubmeister... v v good service and the product is top notch, o and if/when you order, say 'can i still get discount for being a club gti member' and instant discount... cant remember how much but its 10% or 2 plates for £30 or something... Plaketten are extra... but beware if you run them fully germanstyleeee then you may get a lovely £30 fine like i did! :( ... i think if you dont run white on the back you should be ok though :oops:

just a pic of what i was running for ref...

6.jpg

hope that helps

bit boring hey suttle tho and apriciated b most but im indifference lol

so

nna 24g is my reg bit riscy but im willing to take the concequences lol

i thorght NNA-24G with the german thingys over and under the dash ? lol

or NN A-24G OR NNA-24 G

i dunno lol

yeh white on the back is kool and i could get away with it around where i am but it is a bit riscy just gives them a chance to pull you ill prob go with the yellow on the back im not that hardcore :lol: ive got some idea but it definetly includes the plackkets or whatever there called defo

plates look goot buddy !! :notworthy:

Just be carful, They are having a huge clampdown on plates at the mo. I have had £60 of fines this year for my pressed plates. Double what I paid for them.

I am thinking of giving the british standard pressed ones ago. If you really wanted to you can buy the stickers on ebay to add to them though tbh that would make them BAD :nuts:

thats my only concern but its like everything my mind is telling me one thing and my c is telling me another and that is sod the concequences get em lol

yeh not sure the stickers are at the top of the list of things to buy!!! tbh

be aware though... they're clamping down so much that i was threatened that at the time the copper reconed he should have contacted the dvla to report a misuse of number plate... this means the dvla take away your registation plate meaning you have to re register it on a Q plate apparently!! the guy sounded like he was doing me a favour by giving me a £30 fine but promised if he caught me again he'd report me!! :( ... i put them back on a week later and got pulled by the police in london... they didnt fine me but just told me off, so, you may get lucky but its up to you!

well ive had them on the matt black golf for 6 months now and havt got pulled for that and ive been pulled for other reasons and they havnt said anything weird isnt it but they havnt got the plaqets (sorry still cant spell it :scratch: )

soo annoin isnt it .....

Pressed plates have NEVER been illegal in the UK, they just stopped making them and switched (for the worse) to acrylic...........German font lettering is illegal though as its not the right height width or characters type face :nono:

Plates made before 2001 DONT have to have BS marks or post codes, as long as the font is correct, either 57mm or 50mm size letters and numbers, yellow rear and white front both reflective, and the gap between the 2 sets of numbers/letters is 33 mm and 11mm between each character then you will have no problems from the law

I have used British font pressed metal plates on my cars for the last 5 years without any probs at all, I think they suit the age of the car and are far better quality than the cheapo acrylic ones you can get, and i also have "Colditz" dealer Plaketten just for the irony of it :grin:

IMG_0305.jpg

Pressed plates have NEVER been illegal in the UK, they just stopped making them and switched (for the worse) to acrylic...........German font lettering is illegal though as its not the right height width or characters type face :nono:

Plates made before 2001 DONT have to have BS marks or post codes, as long as the font is correct, either 57mm or 50mm size letters and numbers, yellow rear and white front both reflective, and the gap between the 2 sets of numbers/letters is 33 mm and 11mm between each character then you will have no problems from the law

I have used British font pressed metal plates on my cars for the last 5 years without any probs at all, I think they suit the age of the car and are far better quality than the cheapo acrylic ones you can get, and i also have "Colditz" dealer Plaketten just for the irony of it :grin:

IMG_0305.jpg

I was going to get a set of these from Stanford Hall. But left it too late :(

His card says he has an ebay store but there's nothing on there.

I have used British font pressed metal plates on my cars for the last 5 years without any probs at all, I think they suit the age of the car and are far better quality than the cheapo acrylic ones you can get, and i also have "Colditz" dealer Plaketten just for the irony of it :grin:]

That's actually quite a cool idea 8)

FYI - the plate holder is uh, a plate holder :lol:

Plaketten just means badge or somesuch in German and are the 2 round things that go between the letters (look like this)

Plates made before 2001 DONT have to have BS marks or post codes, as long as the font is correct, either 57mm or 50mm size letters and numbers, yellow rear and white front both reflective, and the gap between the 2 sets of numbers/letters is 33 mm and 11mm between each character then you will have no problems from the lawIMG_0305.jpg

erm in that case the mot station that faield my mates 98 ibiza on original dealer plates is a p3nis then! :mad2: good way of scamming £30 extra out of someone!

Where do you have your plates done AQUA G60 ?

I got these ones from a guy on Ebay, user name "funphotoart" £17.50 a pair 8) he normally goes to all the classic shows, if he is not selling on ebay just mail him, these letters are the early type face British 57mm ones (the later post 2001 are 50mm ones, that were only smaller so they could fit the extra digits on the new type reg without changing plate size) these are very good quality and a heavier gauge alloy plate than the German ones people do

and Totally legal (unless they can prove it was made yesterday :grin: ) although they do have a makers mark on the plate anyway........ TTPR.. or something, i could probably organise a group buy on plate holders too (different dealers/towns/places all over germany) if anyone was interested? i know a man :wink: .....he is trying to source Karmann or Osnabruck ones for me as we speak too, which would be 8) 8) 8) cool

Cheers Dinkus, i have always called them "plate holders" but for some reason i picked up the "plaketten" thing off here and ran with it :lol: thought it was german for plate holder maybe :nuts: i always thought the other region/insurance/mot/emmisions stickers were called "stadt" though :shrug:

Cheers Dinkus, i have always called them "plate holders" but for some reason i picked up the "plaketten" thing off here and ran with it :lol: thought it was german for plate holder maybe :nuts: i always thought the other region/insurance/mot/emmisions stickers were called "stadt" though :shrug:

I think Plaketten is the generic name for the round badgey things, but Stadt is town in German, so could well be that there's a Stadt Plaketten and a Date Plaketten... :shrug:

Where do you have your plates done AQUA G60 ?

I got these ones from a guy on Ebay, user name "funphotoart" £17.50 a pair 8) he normally goes to all the classic shows, if he is not selling on ebay just mail him, these letters are the early type face British 57mm ones (the later post 2001 are 50mm ones, that were only smaller so they could fit the extra digits on the new type reg without changing plate size) these are very good quality and a heavier gauge alloy plate than the German ones people do

and Totally legal (unless they can prove it was made yesterday :grin: ) although they do have a makers mark on the plate anyway........ TTPR.. or something, i could probably organise a group buy on plate holders too (different dealers/towns/places all over germany) if anyone was interested? i know a man :wink: .....he is trying to source Karmann or Osnabruck ones for me as we speak too, which would be 8) 8) 8) cool

Thats the bloke who's at Stanford Hall each year. Id be up for a group buy. :D

Do you have the ebay address AQUA, i picked his card up whilst at Stanford and it doesnt seem to have any items on the page

Yeah i think its the same chap, he is from Bedford, the email he used when i contacted him was this one [email protected], his name is Steve though :grin: and this is the contact number for him 07770 796696

He made and sent these really quickly, they were on my car within 48 hours! he may well offer a deal on a group buy?

A lad i met way back called Andy (plinth meister) he gets hold of all the different GENUINE German dealership plate holders including some very obscure and rare ones you dont see too often, i can have a chat with him and see what prices he would be willing to do for a group buy for CF after my hols 8)

Yeah i think its the same chap, he is from Bedford, the email he used when i contacted him was this one [email protected], his name isSteve though :grin: and this is the contact number for him 07770 796696

He made and sent these really quickly, they were on my car within 48 hours! he may well offer a deal on a group buy?

A lad i met way back called Andy (plinth meister) he gets hold of all the different GENUINE German dealership plate holders including some very obscure and rare ones you dont see too often, i can have a chat with him and see what prices he would be willing to do for a group buy for CF after my hols 8)

Not Sharon then? :lol:

The card says Sharon Lovley. Its the same mob number so its definately the same guy. He was charging £25 for the set, but when i got there near the end of the show, the press had broken. Anyway, he said they were cheaper via the website. £17.50 sounds reasonable, how much was postage?