Sign in to follow this  
Coops1978

Corrado Advice Please - looking to buy

Hiya,

I have wanted a corrado vr6 for years, but good ones are just to expensive!

I have a budget of £2000 max ideally £1500, what sort of car am i looking at for that!! A take it a vr6 is out the question, so i am thinking a 2.0l, for that sort of money can i pick up a good one? I am tempted by the cheap vr6's available but am i right in thinking a vr6 will cost alot i to put right if anything goes wrong?

I have a decent first car, but due to working from home and just having a baby, my girlfriend uses our current car as its all fitted out with baby seats etc, so i am looking for a cheap toy for myself, but not looking at something thats going to end up costing me loads...

Any advice please, would i get a good quality 2.0l - would this be the one to go for?

Cheers,

Simon

I had a look, but thats the thing - i'm looking on advise on my budget and if it is possible to buy a good quality hassle free corrado for about £1500-£2000

I had a look, but thats the thing - i'm looking on advise on my budget and if it is possible to buy a good quality hassle free corrado for about £1500-£2000

TBH I would say that if you're on a budget with a new baby etc then maybe it's not the time to buy a cheap rado, you could be extremely lucky and bag yourself a minter that'll cost you nothing to run for £1500, but the chances are very slim.

Even a 2.0l? Your probably right dammit! I thought a 2.0l would be a fairly standard motor to run...the vr6 however-no chance!

Maybe a Golf gti then...would rather a VW, i've had 2 campervans, a couple of gti's...I want something from the 80's! An old bmw...or maybe not!

Thing is, it's a bit of a false economy, buying a cheap old car - you end up spending loads keeping it on the road. I used to have a Mk2 GTI and it was ace, but just as much of a money pit as the G60.

Thing is, it's a bit of a false economy, buying a cheap old car - you end up spending loads keeping it on the road.

What he said! I'd wait 6 months, save a bit and buy a more expensive car to begin with. I wouldn't buy a 15 year old car and expect trouble free running whether it's a valver, G60 or VR. They are "sports cars" so get "driven" 8)

you dont want to take shortcuts mate. id wait till you can afford one that wont instantly fall over, although id save more as you will be in and out of the garage still!!

Thing is i know this as well!! Your right...i have to have a car type project on the go though, i sold my first camper a few years back and regretted it big time, then bought another one and sold that a few months back. Made £5000 on the first van though!! It was soooo clean and so cheap when i got it...road trips all over Europe.. :camp: was great..i was hoping i could get lucky again, now i have a family wagon!!! ha ha...i need a proper car! (or camper)

I might hold out for abit then, cheers for the advice!

spose beetles are cheap..slow..and not a vr6!!

Good point about it not being a VR, but beetles arent mean to be fast, its all about how it looks. Unless you put a Porsche lump in it. 8)