slugmaster100

clifford concept 650 with proximity - fault?

Hi,

I have a clifford concept 650 with proximity sensors fitted. I've had this alarm for about 2 1/2 years now without a problem, but suddenly last night and ever since, when i arm the alarm, the proximity 'squark' sounds every 5-10 seconds!

There is nothing inside the car that is different from ever before (ie/ no new interference etc), it's parked in the same place its always been parked, and it also does it if you park it anywhere else.

It happened in the middle of the night so it wasn't as if i've been messing with sensitivities etc.

Does anyone know why its doing this and what i should do to cure it?

I've had to just lock the car manually so it is only immobilised for the time being!

thanks in advance,

Rich.

Might be a long shot, but have u checked your fuses? Had random alarming on my Clifford G5, and turned out to be a blown fuse..same one as my interior lights for some reason :/

hi,

it doesn't arm itself, i just arm it as normal (via remote as i have central locking on the same function).

it squarks as though someone is stood at the car. The sensitivity has not been adjusted, but it has suddenly just started doing it. Do you think it sounds like there could be a fault with the prox. sensor?

Rich

Has it been raining as the rain can make it sound as the water runs down the windscreen.

Also you can arm your car with the fob then use the fob to turn the prox sensor off so the car is still alarmed and immobilised, cant tell you how to do it as i think i have a different fob to you.

Does your fob have symbols on the buttons or do you have 1 large button with 3 smaller ones all plain then another on the side of the fob?

Although you have not messed with the sensitivity the warm weather can also make it slightly have a better range so have you tried turning down the outside prox sensor sensitivity.

hi,

sorry for not closing this sooner.

It turned out to be a proximity sensor fault. I've had this replaced and not had any problems since!... shame it was out of warranty! :(

Thanks for all your help.

Rich.

Agree with you there buddy, officially it should be serviced once a year to maintain it but was told that clifford never made the gen 4 stamp for the dealers.

i asked about the warranty, and apparently the lifetime warranty applies to the main control unit and not any auxillary sensors etc., which only have a years warranty.

No-one told me where mine was fitted that it needed servicing, and i haven't read that in the manual so i'm not sure on that one. The one I have is a gen 5 anyway, so i don't know if thats different "servicing" from the gen 4 etc.

Rich.