Sign in to follow this  
ShockVR6

Corrado VR6 vs Subura Impreza 2.0l Turbo

Why are some people so intent on 'killing a VR'? What pretence does the VR give off that some folk feel compelled try and beat it all the time? I don't get it. It and the Golf VR6 were never marketed as the definitive speed demon, it's just a luxury cruiser, hence being called Sports Luxury Coupe in America.

Anyway, no one is disputing the Subaru is a phenomenal B road weapon. It would take a special Corrado to show one a clean pair of heels. 80s torsion beam suspension and FWD cannot compete with cutting edge rally bred 4WD and 2 x Limited slip differentials.

Yeah it's flattering if an old Corrado can 'keep up' with a Scoob, but just accept the C for what it is and enjoy it, rather than trying to prove something.

Kachink.... :lol:

K

tottally agree with kev,but ive shown a subaru a clean pair of heals in my vr6 which was showing 150mph on the speedo :D

I still can't believe the C can do a 150! I once did an indicated 146 and my passenger shat himself! It just climbs up there so effortlessly! My old Golf MK2 16V Turbo max'd out at 139.9 (GPS timed) but it got there a hell of a lot quicker than my VR can manage!!

K