Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Forgot to say earlier mic_VR if I can ever help you in any way, like if you need any bolts rounding off, just let me know! :lol:

Right, here are some pics. Not great unfortunately but the best I can do. Also they are at weird angles but bare with me.

This is the bracket, those two bolts that are loose in the picture are obviously the ones I can get out. The other one runs at a right angle to these, so is horizontal, but the power steering pipe is in the way.

5v3jp1.jpg

And here is a picture showing the thermo housing with all the deposits of anti freeze above it.

2hscf0n.jpg

So it has obviously been leaking above the pipe. I know they are cr@p pictures but what do you reckon?

just remove the two vertical bolts and the 3 on the other side of the power steering pump and then move the whole lot out of the way, and replace the thermo housing with a genuine one, the pattern part ones always warp and leak.

Throw a new pump in it for peace of mind. They don't cost much, and with all the pullys out the way it'll be easier to get on the crank bolt... If you're going to do something, do it properly.

just remove the two vertical bolts and the 3 on the other side of the power steering pump and then move the whole lot out of the way

See, I didn't think of that! :lol: That's a damn good idea mate! :D

Get a rathchet spanner on the other one...

The trouble is nothing will grip it any more. I've tried everything. Not even a bolt grip grips now. Never mind. I don't think I really need to worry about that any more. Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and just take the fecking front end off! I also have my suspicions about the sump gasket. It sucks, I'm looking at it right now through the window and all I want to do is drive it and I can't!

Throw a new pump in it for peace of mind. They don't cost much, and with all the pullys out the way it'll be easier to get on the crank bolt... If you're going to do something, do it properly.

You're right mate. All this faffing is getting me down as much as not being able to drive it. I just need to get on with it. And if I do get stuck on something I know I can always ask on here. :D

Taking the front off is so easy you'll wonder why you didn't do it to start with...

If you want talking through anything give me a call. :)

Taking the front off is so easy you'll wonder why you didn't do it to start with...

Nice one mate! Cheers for that. I'll thank you at Edition 38.... :norty:

Nice one mate! Cheers for that. I'll thank you at Edition 38.... :norty:

:)

Might not be going at this rate, got so much to do before Germany.

Man, it wouldn't be Edition 38 without Toad.

Looks like I'm going to the next Bury meet in a Hyundai. I can kiss my cred goodbye! :lol:

Someone must know this on here, probably Yandards or someone. Did the Corrado come with a curse as standard? Just moved my car out of the garage and see if you can guess from this picture what problem I found next....

10xu51c.jpg

Basically I filled the coolant back up. I'm just gonna put up with its leak and various other problems until the end of the summer. Then it's getting taken off the road, dismantled and the then resprayed and put back together. Sod it!

Then it's getting taken off the road, dismantled and the then resprayed and put back together. Sod it!

I fele very similar dude, although my tax is up this week so I'm thinking about doing it now! :ignore: Let us know how you get on.

Then it's getting taken off the road, dismantled and the then resprayed and put back together. Sod it!

I fele very similar dude, although my tax is up this week so I'm thinking about doing it now! :ignore: Let us know how you get on.

My tax is up this month too. I'm gonna tax it and run it for the next couple of months until the weather gets sh!te again. It just seems pointless fixing the odd thing here and there when there are so many things that need doing. I might as well do it all in one go over the winter when I don't plan to be driving it that much anyway. Plus while the weather is nice I just want to be out there enjoying it. Not stuck in a garage losing my temper! :lol:

Someone must know this on here, probably Yandards or someone. Did the Corrado come with a curse as standard? Just moved my car out of the garage and see if you can guess from this picture what problem I found next....

Have a family of weasels taken up residence in the ash tray?

How's it going now? Get all the water leak malarky sorted ok? What's occuring with work now?

Was parked next to a Megane and when I fired it up the French fun bus's alarm started going off! :shades: :lol:

:) Good work 8)

They're not weasels. As far as I can tell they are stoats....

The water leak malarky was a bit of an oddity. It appears to have stopped of its own accord. All I did was drain and flush the system. Then I left it for a week with no coolant in it with the intention of taking it to bits. Then, as I always do in these situations, I got an uncontrollable urge to drive it. So I replaced all the pipes and filled it back up again so I could take it out. Probably a bit of a risk but it hasn't leaked a drop since. :shrug: :lol: B-e-a-utiful.

As for work. Still at the dealership. They were pretty devastated when I handed my notice in and have persuaded me to stay for the time being by making one or two "fundamental changes to the working environment". Plus what I have planned next has not come to fruition as quickly as I had hoped. Anyway, feeling in a pretty strong position at the moment so have decided to bide my time whilst I plan my next move more thoroughly.

Right, thought I would get some jobs done today. I am probably going to be laying the car up for the winter in the next couple of weeks but I thought I would get the dics, pads, and rear bearings done now. The reason being I don't know if I'll still be in the same job (in fact I plan not to be) when I wake the car up for the spring and thought I would do it now when I know I have access to a workshop, plenty of tools, and a very helpful and efficient mechanic.

Anyway, here's some pics taken with my iPhone so forgive the quality!:

Note: professionally applied car park markings.

2s18vn6.jpg

I need to get me one of these here liftamajigs!

293vclj.jpg

I wish I hadn't looked! :pale:

2mxe3p0.jpg

Needless to say the braking efficiency of the vehicle is markedly improved and my journeys are no longer accompanied by the disconcerting grinding noise of knackered wheel bearings. How it got through its last MOT I don't know.

Next on the agenda: Brake lines and associated fluid.

paints looking nice in the pic of it in the air

Cheers matey! :D I do clean it obsessively and when I'm not using the car I keep it covered which helps a lot. It's amazing how much it's improved since I've had it. When I first got it I thought the paintwork was beyond redemption for sure.

Well, just an update. Have started the process of changing the brake lines. Jeeez am I glad you only have to do this once! What a pain in the neck. Three hours work and they're still not all done. Probably another three hours work to get it finished. And the brake fluid was like mud!

Hang in there mate it'll be worth it when its all done and you are havin a cuppa Lol!

:D I can't wait to get this car sorted. I'm looking forward to next summer already! Ok, maybe getting a bit ahead of myself there. I'm already planning the work I want to get done at G-Werks next Spring though. It's important for me to have something to look forward to over the winter and I can think of few things better than a sorted G60! :D

Well, the vast majority of the brake lines are done now. Thank goodness. Only the really short ones at the front to do. Gonna leave those for now as they are still in good nick. During our tinkering we found some fo the rubber exhaust mounts had perished which explained some of the horrendous vibrating noises! Now they are sorted it's like a different car. A lot more civilised! :D My girlfriend prefers it now that it's quieter. Plus you can enjoy the noises of the exhaust and intake at high revs better. It's amazing how just a few jobs can make a car so much better. I was grinning the whole way home with it yesterday.

However, one small problem. I had to jump start it and in the process I must have blown something because the interior light and heated rear screen no longer work! :lol: As soon as you fix one thing something else breaks! So I think I need to spend a day sorted out electrical gummins. Also my stereo sucks and I want to change it.

One thing that is bothering me, there appears to be something missing. There are two bolt holes at the sump end of the gear box and the fly wheel looks to be exposed! :shock:. I assume there should be cover there?!

Well, the vast majority of the brake lines are done now. Thank goodness. Only the really short ones at the front to do. Gonna leave those for now as they are still in good nick. During our tinkering we found some fo the rubber exhaust mounts had perished which explained some of the horrendous vibrating noises! Now they are sorted it's like a different car. A lot more civilised! :D My girlfriend prefers it now that it's quieter. Plus you can enjoy the noises of the exhaust and intake at high revs better. It's amazing how just a few jobs can make a car so much better. I was grinning the whole way home with it yesterday.

However, one small problem. I had to jump start it and in the process I must have blown something because the interior light and heated rear screen no longer work! :lol: As soon as you fix one thing something else breaks! So I think I need to spend a day sorted out electrical gummins. Also my stereo sucks and I want to change it.

One thing that is bothering me, there appears to be something missing. There are two bolt holes at the sump end of the gear box and the fly wheel looks to be exposed! :shock:. I assume there should be cover there?!

Bloody 'ell mate sounds like you're having a fun time at the moment. Maybe I should pop over and we can both have a moan about stuff! :lol:

If you want a good stereo I've got one that I took out of mine a few weeks ago (got me a new blaupunkt) which is just in my way at the moment. There is nothing wrong with it, I just fancied a change.

How did you jump start it? I'd just have a quick look through the fuses, sounds like just the one blown on the interior circuit.

Ditto the Polonator, sounds like a fuse has gone mate. Quite a few of the interior circuits share fuses I think.

Good updates though! glad you're getting there with the brake lines, still got to do mine :pale:

Bloody 'ell mate sounds like you're having a fun time at the moment. Maybe I should pop over and we can both have a moan about stuff! :lol:

If you want a good stereo I've got one that I took out of mine a few weeks ago (got me a new blaupunkt) which is just in my way at the moment. There is nothing wrong with it, I just fancied a change.

How did you jump start it? I'd just have a quick look through the fuses, sounds like just the one blown on the interior circuit.

You're welcome round anytime you want mate! :D That's the thing about Corrado ownership. You're never short of things to talk about with fellow owners! :lol:

I have an Alpine stereo lined up that I hocked out of one of our part exchanges. Gonna see what that's like. If that's pants as well I'll give you a shout buddy. Cheers for the offer.

Ditto the Polonator, sounds like a fuse has gone mate. Quite a few of the interior circuits share fuses I think.

Good updates though! glad you're getting there with the brake lines, still got to do mine :pale:

Yeah, think probably just a fuse has gone too. I just jumped it off the company car in the standard fashion. In amongst the gubbins I cleared out just after buying the car I did find a few blown fuses.... Glad I've got a Bentley manual so finding it should be a lot easier! I'll have a look tonight probably.

I can't believe the brake lines were so difficult. It just seems such a simple thing but what a horrible job. If I hadn't had access to a lift AND a qualified mechanic I'd have struggled even more!