Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

Help Fueling issues..

Hello

I have got a problem with my Fuel Metering distributor. I've been told by my RAC man today, I had to get towed home today. I appear to have a fuelling issue, the car was very juddery, and eventually had to pull over and call out the RAC. There was not alot of fuel in there to be honest, but I'd just come from Morrisons Petrol station so it could be some dodgy fuel. Is there a anything I can do with the Fuel Metering distributor myself, can I clean it out or is it easy to replace? cheers for reading..

Kempy

Hi

Apparently, the banjo bolt feeding the unit, has a wire gauze in it. This can be removed and cleaned and put back.

Thats what I've been told, the gauze can be clogged. so its in the bolt?

I've got a new bolt with a filter and a new fuel filter fitted. still the car does tick over. I can get it to start but it cuts out if I dont feather the throttle. The fuel supply into the distributor on top of the air box seems normal. I have a year old fuel pump and it sounds fine. Has anyone got any ideas why it still cuts out? cheers :confused4: :(

Hi

Clean out the ISV

Clean out the throttle body.

Put up a few under the bonnet pictures.

Hi

Turn the ignition on.

Using a metal pipe or a stethescope, check that the ISV is buzzing

as its a 2.0 i would check the lambda connections as they corrode away,and check using vagcom if the lambda is working as if this screws up the metering head wont be able to fuel correctly.