Sign in to follow this  
Foxster

My Storm

Hi,

I have finally got round to putting some photo's up of my Corrado. I gave it a rub down today and thought I may aswell get them put on now. It's a 1995 Corrado that I purcahased about 2 monthhs ago, it has a full service history and a wallet full of receipts (all parts from VW) etc. It even came with a tracker (all registered) and 2 brand new wheels (with a receipt from VW for £380) aswell as 2 refurbed wheels. I am only the third owner, after purchasing the car off an Engineer from work who had owned it since 2001! The car has been looked after with no expense spared but unfortunately the body work has taken a bit of stick with constant journeys down the motorway (as the photo's show) so I have booked the car in for a full respray. Here are the pictures! :clap: And i know the bumper is not on properly, it's because I replaced the Radiator and every screw on the thing fell off, I have the new screws from VW but I am going to wait until it's in the bodyshop as I cannot be bothered changing them! :gag:

Looking good :) Could be a bargain you've got there. Always nice to have plenty of history. Whats the mileage?

Thats the bad bit! Just turned over 170k but it runs like its just ticked over 70k. It's going in tomorrow for a full service and brakes etc, so im going to get it eye balled because obviously its covered a lot of miles.

That's a bargin mate, very nice, strange that it's got that tape holder thing when the Storm's came with a CD player.

It has a multichanger Rick, It was an optional extra I believe, the bloke I bought it off had rang VW in 2002 for the extra's list and it is listed on there. It's a Sony casette and 10 disc CD multichanger. I will check it though, the car could be a fraud! :confused4:

Nah I doubt its a fraud mate! everything else looks OK with it, obviously whoever originaly bought it wanted the tape holder. Just rip it out and bin it :) it should just pull out which will give you a handy cubbyhole to keep stuff in.

Looks good for the mileage! Once the paints been done she'll be a beaut :)

Yeah I just checked the extra's list and the disc changer is on there so maybe they just wanted one like you said? The back end of the car is great apart from the rust near the badges, it's all the stone chips to the front, it doesn't look very nice! But yeah, hopefully it will look better once it has all been stripped back and sprayed. I might just take a hammer to the cassette holder, that idea of having a nice cubby holder is very appealing! :luvlove:

Just got the car back from a service today, unfortunately im going to have to buy a front caliper (so might aswell get a pair), a strut (again, might aswell get a pair) and a bottom arm (get them both again), apart from that he said he could not believe the car has covered the miles it has, just wear and tear I suppose, things that I should never have to replace again. It has has new oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, ignition leads, front discs, rear discs, front pads, rear pads, fully synth' high mileage oil and is getting front struts, front calipers and bottom arms. I'm finding that Corrado's really do make you broke! It's all fun I guess :(

Looks good but to be fair you cannot expect to buy one for that price and have to do nothign to it. Have you had a quote for respray as Im thinking of getting mine done in the near future?

Foxster, have a look a suspension kits before going the front strut route, you may find there's not much difference!

Nice tidy Strom in one of my two favorite Storm colours! :lol:

And good price too!

Enjoy! :cheers:

It has a multichanger Rick, It was an optional extra I believe, the bloke I bought it off had rang VW in 2002 for the extra's list and it is listed on there. It's a Sony casette and 10 disc CD multichanger. I will check it though, the car could be a fraud! :confused4:

Defo was a dealer option on Storms to have the Tape + 10 stack. When my old boy bought his first one he had an extensive tape collection he wanted to keep!! :lol:

Great car & great price!! Your front end looks better than mine & mines only got 68k!! :(

Looks good but to be fair you cannot expect to buy one for that price and have to do nothign to it. Have you had a quote for respray as Im thinking of getting mine done in the near future?

Yeah coullstar I have the respray pretty much booked in, includes windows out because that was really what I wanted and the bloke that is doing it for me pretty much refused to tape round them. I know he does a top job because he has done jobs for me before although not on this scale. I have seen the his other jobs too though and its fair to say its as good as you could get (touch wood as I don't have much luck!). He is sort of a friend of the family so he is doing it for a fair price too which is a bonus.

Foxster, have a look a suspension kits before going the front strut route, you may find there's not much difference!

Nice tidy Strom in one of my two favorite Storm colours! :lol:

And good price too!

Enjoy! :cheers:

Yeah I have looked vwdeviant, I'm opting for the Bilstein coilovers but until the body work is done I will go for the struts. I would just like it a little bit lower and more natural looking. Its one of my two favourite storm colours too! ha, I like that one :clap: .

Defo was a dealer option on Storms to have the Tape + 10 stack. When my old boy bought his first one he had an extensive tape collection he wanted to keep!! :lol:

Great car & great price!! Your front end looks better than mine & mines only got 68k!! :(

Well it would have been strange if it never because I have all the original manuals for the cd player etc, I guess it's kind of a relief knowing that it is original though :o . The front end is covered in stone chips so maybe the photo does the car too much justice! It comes up OK after a polish though I suppose! I wish mine only had 68k on the clock though :( .

I'd hang onto the cassette box mate you may have a second corrado at some point to use it in :grin: i once sold one of these for £25 a year or so ago too so dont smash it either Lol!

I actually quite like it, cassettes remind me of retro! I might even get some cassettes so I can use the box!

I actually quite like it, cassettes remind me of retro! I might even get some cassettes so I can use the box!

What sort of tunes do you like then? Got some 90's rock music for authenticity in mine :D

I had mine on ebay twice and it didn't get a bid, it's still in my attic somewhere :)

If its for an early dash let me know how much you would want, if you still want rid of it, i need somewhere to store all the remotes for the stuff in my car and with a bit of modification that would be ideal.

What sort of tunes do you like then? Got some 90's rock music for authenticity in mine :D

That would be great, do me a copy :D And maybe some Johnny Cash?

Pm me your addy mate and i'll send you some of my various ones FOC :grin: but only if you join the CCGB lol!

Pm me your addy mate and i'll send you some of my various ones FOC :grin: but only if you join the CCGB lol!

:lol: :lol:

I had mine on ebay twice and it didn't get a bid, it's still in my attic somewhere :)

If its for an early dash let me know how much you would want, if you still want rid of it, i need somewhere to store all the remotes for the stuff in my car and with a bit of modification that would be ideal.

It was taken from a 1995 sorry mate :confused:

What would have been nice, is if they'd have made these for the rado (this one's from a MK3 Goof)

t43454fischeru75.jpg

CCGB, sorry to sound dumb but is that the Corrado Club? I have joined edition38! I have never really been into forums but I like this one, is the Corrado Club one as good!?