Sign in to follow this  
meldino2005

sluggish on take off any ideas what could be wrong???

any ideas what could be wrong as when taking off at junctions it doesnt seem to have much go in first or second but the rest of the gears it seems ok. it does splutter a bit when first started but ive changed the leads,dizzy,plugs,oil and air filter. somebody told me the timing might be out,what do you think?? ive also been told that there is about 4 cam followers need replacing so could that be the problem??? any comments would be appreciated as im spending a fortune and it aint getting rid of the problem,cheers guys - Dino :confused4:

Lazy lambda sensor? In my experience it can be quite slow (the sensor) but still not throw an error code.

However, my new one is throwing a code all the time now due to my wiring difficulties, but that's another story...

also when its warm and you start it up it splutters for a couploe of seconds,a mate said it might be the cold start valve thats buggerd. could this be the case?

also when its warm and you start it up it splutters for a couploe of seconds,a mate said it might be the cold start valve thats buggerd. could this be the case?

The cold start valve is only in operation on cold starts, hence the name. So, no it won't be the CSV messing up on warm starts.

I'll have a think about it and get back to you.

Mine was cocking about and there was a split in the rubber elbow to the throttle body. Self amalgamating tape sorted it for Stanford Hall and it's ok for now but i think the stealers will get their £51 odd soon............................. :( bastards

timing would affect rpm and not roadspeed though. You said the car is hesitant in 1st and 2nd, which indicates a road speed / starting off problem.

I'd still check the vacuum pipes, it's a 10 minute job and those valvers can be REALLY fussy if one of them has worked loose even a little bit.

Then you can always check timing afterwards, and you haven't lost anything :salute:

think i found the problem,there seems to be a hole in the rubber elbow to the throttle boby. its seems to me that there has been a screw screwed into it at sometime,gods knows why.i put some tape over it for know and it seems to be better,ill take it for a spin this week and let you all know. thanks for all your help,hopefully this is the problem :clap:

had a good look at the vacky pipes and found one of them had come off,put it back on and its sorted the problem out :D

its going in this week for a new set of cam followers and a new drive shaft as the drivers side is clunking on full lock, more expense but worth it

had a good look at the vacky pipes and found one of them had come off,put it back on and its sorted the problem out :D

its going in this week for a new set of cam followers and a new drive shaft as the drivers side is clunking on full lock, more expense but worth it

result.

nice and cheap. :thumbleft:

it was cheap doing that ye but for cam followers its £89,for a driveshaft its £90 and a new throttle cable is £30,then labour on top will add up :( oh well its got to be done!