Sign in to follow this  
taddy

Fuel Sender Unit

Hi all,

does anyone know where i can get a Fuel Sender Unit for a 1991 G60? Ive got the fuel pump off a VR6 but the sender unit is different.

Ive tried VW but they said i could only get one if i bought an entire fuel pump set-up!

Can anyone point the right direction or better still anyone got a spare one :D

Alex

Thats not right, the sender alone is £40 but you will need to give them the part number or make of the pump as the originals changed and so did the sender to reflect this. (old ones are Pierburg and new ones VDO IIRC)

If it's VDO then Eurocarparts also do the senders

^^Yep...thats correct for the G60's...Not sure about the vr6 pump/sender though.

Neil.

Its the Pierburg one, I rung them up with the part number and they said they dint do them anymore.

Ill try have a look on etka later mate...

Or you could check here for the time being.

I know that even when you buy new pump and sender (g60 vdo) from vw that they need slight modification to fit each other, pretty crap really. So you can modify the pierburg g60 sender to fit the vdo g60 pump (thats what most people do iirc)

Its a case of cable ties believe it or not...even vw told me that :o

Maybe this means you can just modify the sender to fit the vr6 pump?

Neil.

I was gonna do that but my tit of a mate came up with the ingenius idea of setting fire to a puddle of petrol near to where i was fixing the fuel pump, next thing i know the old fuel pump and the sender is screwed thats why im after the old Pierburg sender to the VDO pump. I need to get the sender though

As said - the early VRs had Pieburg pumps which you can't get or get senders for any more.

All new pumps for VRs are VDO ones, which you can still get and still get separate senders for.

Both Pieburg and VDO ones are 4-bar and the G60 replacement pumps are now exactly the same VDO unit as the VRs.

Ah ok - well if it;s the in tank pump then I should have my old pierburg sender kicking around - will dig it out, £25 posted?

that would be awesome mate,

The sender unit its rarer than rocking horse poo. :D will you send me your paypal username so i can forward the funds to you.

Also when would you be able to post it?

Just to cheer things up this is the part i need...

DSC00161.jpg

My apologises to steve @ for nicking his picture. :D

Cheers

Alex