Sign in to follow this  
Spykee

ETKA

probably the wrong topic area but....

i have just got hold of a copy of ETKA but its asking for me to change the screen resolution to 1280 by 1024 for installation but its out of the parameters of the pc cos a note comes up on the monitor.

once the resolution setting has been changed to this i can't see the OK, Cancel, Apply buttons etc and any images in the windows that are open! :shock:

can i get round this at all or just for the install or does it always have to run in this res. setting?

to add to this problem...

I seem to get "error 303/304"- hardlock not present...i've got both version 5.03 and 6.03...and the crack for 5.03 has been run and 6.03 has been installed over it.

What do you do then?

LHD-G60- what i did with that one was just set the screen res to what its asking and then re-run the installer...it'll run fine then.

But you may get the problem above, after it. :cry:

dubbprince, if u find a way, let me know. Ive tried all the running it in w95 compatibility and stuff and ran the hardlock.exe file but no luck. :(

Apparently its easier to get working if you dont have xp, but the pc I have on Windows Me cant get to a high enough screen res.

John 16vg60 was running ETKA on windows 95 O/S and it had the same problem "asking for me to change the screen resolution to 1280 by 1024 for installation" I installed windows me and it now works perfectly. This is only a guess but if you have installed version 5.03 and then cracked it. This should have been fine. But if you have upgraded to version 6 over the top of the 5.03 you will need to find a crack which will work on version 6 as in the installation process you would have overwritten the hacked versions exe file.

Cheers Woody

right,

i am running XP and the version of ETKA that i have is 6.02. i also have hardlock on the disk but when i try to run it straight from windows explorer it isnt having any of it!

any ideas??

Mine runs on XP no probs. The resolution is important or it won't load at all. Then you need to drag and drop the crack files onto the hard drive. They replace 2 files that are installed. Click replace existing.

If anyone needs any more help,wink, PM me.

Gavin

LHD-G60, as Gavin says, its pretty useless if not at the correct resolution and there is not alot you can do about this apart from changing your screen - I would check you are using the correct driver first and not just a generic one. Good 17" monitors (CRTs) will do that res or 19" ones should as standard - most of the cheap 15" TFT's won't do more than 1024x768

The crack on mine (V5) works fine aand there is also a prices file (altho not very accurate gives you an idea)

In XP you need to run in 98/Me compatability mode

dont know if it will work for you but try this...

ETKA can only be used with monitors with a screen resolution of no

less than 1280 x 1024 pixels.

EKTA takes a while to install

Installation:

1. Insert disk

2. Set-up should start automatically, if not run etkasetup.exe

3. Select language

4. Click OK on installation

5. Select country

6. Click OK on Ole Zip server

After installation use Windows explorer to copy files named (all

displayed as red-yellow icons)

"ncz_etka5603.exe"

"ncz_wd.exe" and

"ncz_ws.exe"

>From the et_prog" on the CD copy above files to equivalent directory

on your hard disk. Install all three applications.

Reboot computer

I can happily get that res on most of my 17"CRTs and even some of the 15"s will do it... :? My 15 or 16" TFTs won't do it though due to the way that they are designed... :(

cheers lads its sorted. :D :D

i checked my advanced display settings and i can run the monitor in 60Hz and once i have done that i can adjust the res fine to 1280x1024. it plays a bit on the eyes :shock: cos most people notice the flicker under 70-75Hz but cos i am not looking at it for long then it doesn't matter.

i must have a cheap monitor so thats why i have to fart about with the settings to get it to work!! :?

its a bit of a naff explanation as to the pricing disk and adding it to the main ETKA as well i reckon. what does everyone else think?

anyone like the idea of making an ETKA install troubleshoot as a sticky for all the non-techies on the forum??

It might be worth checking that your graphics card is up to scratch if you are not able to change the res to 1280 * 1024 and you have a 15 inch screen or above....

Older graphics cards will not support this resolution no matter what size screen you have....

Cheers

Scott