Chris

Chris's black vr6 (RIP)

cheers guys

Hi mate that looks very nice and tidy. where did you get the engine cover from (the top part) I've been looking for one for ages

theres no engine cover on it, just a mirror polished inlet. is that the bit your talking about?

wow! I had no idea that you were rebuilding the entire car Chris. It looks fantastic! :salute:

Looking good. What strut brace is that and do you find it makes much difference to the handling? Been thinking of getting one.

f**k me thats gotta be the best diy spray job i have ever seen :shock: and the rm's will look awesome on the car :)

well done.

Looking good. What strut brace is that and do you find it makes much difference to the handling? Been thinking of getting one.

its an eibach one. havent really driven it that much since finishing it so havent got an answer for that yet. i was just going for the looks to be honest.

Where did you get your strut brace from??

Im after one but cant find any :(

i bought it from Billcor. i saw a scratched up one on ebay awhile back, you dont really see to many of them for sale. ill let you know if i see one though

:shocked!: Wow those are some seriously low-profile tyres! What are they? Like 205/3?! :lol:

Nice rims though 8) will look great once the rubber's on and filling those arches :thumbleft:

rims look smart as mate. bet you cant wait till you get the tyres on and them on properly! :D . wil look really really nice

hey there buddy - very nice, will look very classy once you've got it all sorted with the new wheels. top marks on your rebuild - you should be very proud :D

by the way, it's a vr...... with 4 studs.....

see it used to be a valver, but then you had pics of it fitted with 5 studs what going on there?

Happy birthday Chris :bday:

got the RMs on yet?

thank you! just back from corfu this morning

rm's are on but no pics yet, its getting taxed n insured this week so ill post some up soon with the new leather interior too.

hey there buddy - very nice, will look very classy once you've got it all sorted with the new wheels. top marks on your rebuild - you should be very proud :D

by the way, it's a vr...... with 4 studs.....

see it used to be a valver, but then you had pics of it fitted with 5 studs what going on there?

cheers mate,

i used adaptors for the audi wheels as i didnt have any 4 stud 15's at the time to fit the vr brakes

Happy birthday Chris :bday:

got the RMs on yet?

thank you! just back from corfu this morning

rm's are on but no pics yet, its getting taxed n insured this week so ill post some up soon with the new leather interior too.[/quote:1lhksgh0]

that'll be a sweet day when you can go for a drive :D looking fwd to the pics

Looked and sounded good tonight mate.

Really helped make my mind up on the 6 branch.

Cheers!

Looked and sounded good tonight mate.

Really helped make my mind up on the 6 branch.

Cheers!

cheers for the interior tunnel tom. will really help getting the interior finished.....finally! :)

glad i could help make your mind up with the 6 branch too, as for the price, if you decide to go with one of the raceland ebay ones im almost 100% certain my offer was £135 and it was accepted, £30 off the asking price. try your luck.

p/m me closer to the time about this meet incase i forget, i'd love to attend. my housemate is a photographer so if we pick somewhere scenic we could get some really nice pictures of all the cars.

these were taken weekend before last after my fpr blew out leaving me stranded in the back garden, ill get some much better ones up soon (NEED center caps!)

your views on the tinted headlights, fogs & indicators, should i leave them tinted or peel it all off??

i normally don't like tints at all, but those look really nice- very subtle. there's something about black cars that makes them take to tints very well.

i think they look good - in all fairness i would have had difficulty noticing they weren't standard unless you had said.

i would say keep 'em unless they are affecting the quality of your headlights....

sorry about your bad luck with the FPR

lovely VR again - good work :)

Looking good, was thinking of doing that myself. What did you use? Might be worth getting a smoked front numberplate as well.