Chris

Chris's black vr6 (RIP)

so ive been on here for awhile and i havent really posted any photos of my corrado. thought it was about time i uploaded some :)

this is a progessive gallery, please bear with it, the first photos are crap but had to get the whole story across.

i bought it afew years ago after deciding i'd had enough of my scirocco, got it cheap from a friend knowing that it was very reliable. heres some of the first pictures (sorry there in black and white) the paintwork was ok but not like it is now.

corradopic-1.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

a brand new bmw then decided to clip me on a blind corner awhile back (i was pulling out, he was doing more than the speed limit) i was gutted! my first accident in the only car ive ever really wanted (apart from a mk1 scirocco :D )

the damage.......i was very lucky really, only body panels needed replacing, nothing else moved, oh and of course myself and the c*@t bmw drive werent hurt at all

untitled1.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture001.jpg

then had to decide should i lose it or restore it. i decided to restore it, a decision i regreted untill my respray was finished (that paid me back in full!)

the rebuild....

Picture005.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture008.jpg

did the clutch, headgasket etc etc after that. the bay was a state!!! also put a pretty much perfect condition full late black interior in at this point didnt take any photos of it though :cuckoo:

Corrado025.jpg

Corrado032.jpg

Corrado038-1.jpg

Corrado046.jpg

Corrado047.jpg

Corrado052.jpg

Corrado096.jpg

then came the prep work for my respray, had a big tent up for the car n everything, did it all myself to save the pennies

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0177-1.jpg

IMG_0178-1.jpg

after the respray.... :D

myc-1.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9303.jpg

the vr conversion, lost the 2l 16v and completely re-did the engine bay (sorry about the poor quality photos, i had the use my phone camera for these as my proper camera broke)

near everything has now been replaced for new or completely reconditioned and recoated

to keep my 4 stud bbs rm's ive used 2l 16v hubs, hub carriers, arb, cv's and drive shafts on a vr sub frame. vr brakes all round, i kept 16v rear axel too. its being run on the 16v fuel pump aswell.

replaced every bushing for polybushes, deleted the abs and replace all the brake lines + all round braided lines. coilovers, top mounts, 6-2-1 s/s manifold + exhaust system, s/s decat etc etc.....

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

these are the buget coilovers which have swamped the market recently, worth every penny! my mate has fk coilovers(high sports i think) you dont notice the difference, plus you cant complain when they come with a 2 year warranty aswell

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

after sorting out the 5 clogged up injectors i got it running, i was so happy, the fact the engine had been sat for about 3 years and still sounded new was amazing, no funny noises at all! running smooth aswell! my lucky day!

sporting my mates polished audi wheels as the bbs's still arent finished yet (not really my cup of tea these arent)

after putting the rear audi wheels on it went for its first vr mot, flew through, didnt have any worries really, everything was new.

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00142-1.jpg

this is how it stands today, bbs's still not done but will be in a few weeks. ive poured my soul into this car since the crash with a very tight buget, and its almost there :D im no expert when it comes to cars but having done pretty much everything myself apart from the final coat of paint, polishing the rocker + manifod and pressing the polybushes i dont think its come out too bad at all. you could say, another corrado saved looking back at the first photos

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

low enough for you!? this may have to change :)

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

wana say a big thank you to everyone who has either given me advice, sold me a part or bought a part off me to aid funding this obsession, you know who you are. youve helped put a big smile back on my face :D :notworthy:

again sorry about the photo quality they really dont do it justice

Bloody awsome mate!!!

really cool to see someone with the balls to just crack on with it and have ago them selves!! :D

Well done... Jesus man you should be proud of that!!!!

Can only imagine how much you love it now!!!! gives me inspiration! :notworthy:

Absolutely amazing build Chris! Glad those spare parts got you the cash to finish it off, looks awesome! :notworthy:

Definitely motivation for me to pull my finger out and crack on, although my budget will be significantly reduced and no Six pot unfortunately! :cry:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: , WOW, when I seen the first pic I thought very nice and then disaster, but you have done a great job rebuilding it. You should be very proud of your C.

very very nice mate, how long has it taken you and who did the spraying for you. looks a mint job :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: I would really love to have that .......top job :notworthy:

Looks really good, will have to get a south coast meet organised so we can get a look at it in the flesh :)

cheers for your comments guys. hopefully ill be making it to some meets this year.

very very nice mate, how long has it taken you and who did the spraying for you. looks a mint job :D

well it was crashed into last year, prepped and resprayed last august, then my 2l 16v ecu decided to cook (it had an aftermarket chip in it) the circuit board was proper black! so then it sat in my back garden till i decided to go the vr route.

the engine conversion itself didnt take too long, 3 months of weekends whilst i was sourcing parts aswell.

the car was sprayed at causeway repair center, totton, hampshire. i knew the main guys son so he did me a great deal. cheapest ive ever seen a full spray job go for. and they have done a spot on job! id highly recommend them

:notworthy: :notworthy: Looks superb, great job Chris and some nice shiny bits in that engine bay 8) :wink:

Awesome skills dude its looking fresh as now, im just starting out on the road you have just done and im schitting myself

Awesome skills dude its looking fresh as now, im just starting out on the road you have just done and im schitting myself

its dead easy mate, hardest part is picking your vr

Fantastic job you've done there... well done for keeping going and not giving up when it got damaged :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's a beautiful paint job Chris! :wink: Glad to have helped fund it too :lol:

Quite pleased with how well your old sunroof has matched up now it is silver, you wouldn't know it wasn't the original :grin:

South coast meet sounds like a plan :clap:

That's a beautiful paint job Chris! :wink: Glad to have helped fund it too :lol:

Quite pleased with how well your old sunroof has matched up now it is silver, you wouldn't know it wasn't the original :grin:

South coast meet sounds like a plan :clap:

cheers mate, glad the sunroof came out nice :) well up for a south coast meet! im definately going to road trip this thing across france and possibly germany this year

finished the barrels again, and fitted the new stainless lips. buying a decent camera is currently on my shopping list coz my phone camera is :censored:

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

Very nice looking C

& the wheels look V tasty too 8)

Good work mate :notworthy:

Looking good Chris, the RM's will look great against the dark paintwork 8)

Hi mate that looks very nice and tidy. where did you get the engine cover from (the top part) I've been looking for one for ages