Sign in to follow this  
matty golf

9a problems

right here we go i have a 1994 16v raddo as of the past 8 months if i get stuck in traffic it will cut out and not start again for 5 to 10 minutes wher it does this all oil and water temps are fine its not seachin on idle, it just starts missing then cough and spluttering then it dies. and as of late i have been getting a missfire under good acceleration (leathering of round abouts etc) it coughs and like flat lines fells like its running out of fuel then will kick back in and also a miss fire at low revs till it gets on cam the car has a 4 branch and full system kr cams 50 mm inlet and filter throttle body is clean

i have replaced

coil

cap arm leads plugs

both fuel pumps

filter

isv

timing is all present and correct starts first time and mostly runs ok when there is no traffic and air getting 2 it apart from this miss it gets when driving along

is starting to annoy me a little now cause i cant go where theres traffic

cheapest part to change next would be the blue temp sender.

swap the blue sender with the black one for the time being and see if the problem is any better.

cheapest part to change next would be the blue temp sender.

swap the blue sender with the black one for the time being and see if the problem is any better.

Which would be OK if it was a G60, unfortunatly its a 16v.

Did the ISV get changed for a new one...i'm assuming probably not. when did you last clean it?

Misfire under load would lead me to think its some sort of ignition fault but it looks like you've changed all the bits that could be causing it.....

na it was 1 from an audi 16 v got cleaned before it went onim thinking if it was the same problem before and after i changed it its not that could it be the hall sender or that thing that sits on the out side of the coil?

Could be an air leak on one of the manifold gaskets.

My car had the same thing happening but a lot worse by the sound of it.

Does it happen when the engine heats up. Mine would be fine for half a mile and then start to miss fire really badly. As the manifold heated up it expanded making the gaps in the gasket larger. This messed the air fuel mix up which made the car fell like it was miss firing.

yeh would this cause it to cut out then when it got to hot then get into free traffic its sort of fine. the gaskets u mean are they on the inlet side?

There are 4 gaskets in total on the inlet manifold.

1 at the trottle body

1 at the join between the top part and the bottom part.

1 at the connection to the head

1 at the cold start injector.

You can by this stuff which you spray around the manifold gaskets when the engine is running. If the revs suddenly go up it means it is sucking in the spray.

Does it only miss fire at low revs. If you get to 4000rpm does it pull normally?

This is what mine did. I guess at about 4000rpm the injectors take over and the mix sorts itself out a little.

i had almost the exact same problem with my 2.0 16v 9a, and after lots of testing of various components we changed the haul sensor within the distributor. now it runs spot on.