Sign in to follow this  
stewybenson

Storm colour coded grill info

alright people,

Had grilled pigeon for lunch last week but unfortunately en route to my radiator, he took out half my grill.

My mechanic got a new one from vw but it came in black plastic (needs sanding,priming then painting) and VW insist they dont do one primed and ready for painting.

Anyone have any experience with this subject? Should i just go ahead and paint the black one he got?

Cheers much

Yeah they dont come colour coded so if you need a replacement for a storm it'll need paint, it might be worth using the search as I seem to remember there's a thread on here from someone that had it done.

shouldn't need much sanding to get a decent key for a plastic primer, i wouldn't of thought its too hard for a bodyshop to do.

if you use proper plastic primer it does not need sanding at all a good body shop will have the right primer .

a Recommendation for the paint for your project

goto http://www.paints4u.com

fast efficient service i ordered my paint at 1530 ish on the thursday and got it the following morning at 9am

and good prices too

no im not on commision just a really good service you dont often get that from internet shops in my Experience lately

kel