Sign in to follow this  
g60karmann

wavy rear end on heavy braking!?!?!

Had a bit of a scare approaching a roundabout a touch too fast, I was braking down heavy from around 85 in a straight line and then the rear swung out to the right badly!! had to do some drastic recovery to keep it on the road. I was told at the MOT not so long ago that the rear beam bushes could do with replacing, I also have new tyres (covered around 600 miles).

This isn't the first time the rear end has been unpredictable but by far the worst! Anyone got any idea what could be causing this? My thoughts are either wheel alignment, rear beam bushes, dodgy brake line?

All thoughts appreciated

has your car been lowered? have you adjusted the rear brake bais to compensate?

Is that to compensate the lowering? how do you adjust the brake bias, how do you adjust it and how much?

Thanks

had the same happen to me, i knew i was meant to adjust the bias valve but completely forgot as i was too excited about the ride height and wanted to take it for a spin, but ended up actually taking it for a spin when pulling up to a junction, i ended up facing the opposite way in front of a lorry :shock:

worn rear bushes also wont help.

had the same happen to me, i knew i was meant to adjust the bias valve but completely forgot as i was too excited about the ride height and wanted to take it for a spin, but ended up actually taking it for a spin when pulling up to a junction, i ended up facing the opposite way in front of a lorry :shock:

worn rear bushes also wont help.

Where's the bias valve and how much do you need to adjust with a 40mm drop?

I need to get mine adjsuted.

Is that to compensate the lowering? how do you adjust the brake bias, how do you adjust it and how much?

Thanks[/quote:142ooakr]

yes as the brake bias just thinks you have been to tesco to stock up on booze and the boot is full,has more weight on the rear end and more braking on the rear end,fine with weight but a lowered raddo with no weight is wavey under heavy braking.

There is a 13mm m8 bolt nut attached to the compensator spring,this bolt sits in a slot that can be adjusted.......and I cant remember which way as i adjusted my brakes on the MOT brake rollers at work,just have a play and find out.

edit...i take no responsibility for your braking antics on the public road. :tongue:

Thanks[/quote:rrgat4cz]

yes as the brake bias just thinks you have been to tesco to stock up on booze and the boot is full,has more weight on the rear end and more braking on the rear end,fine with weight but a lowered raddo with no weight is wavey under heavy braking.

There is a 13mm m8 bolt nut attached to the compensator spring,this bolt sits in a slot that can be adjusted.......and I cant remember which way as i adjusted my brakes on the MOT brake rollers at work,just have a play and find out.

edit...i take no responsibility for your braking antics on the public road. :tongue:[/quote:rrgat4cz]

Where's the compensator spring? :oops: